GDT: Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Pulling for Detroit to win tonight and the series.Hopefully Crawford implodes and makes Chicago go after Miller.God, if Miller got to play behind that Chicago defense I would love to see how dominant he would be.The Sabres never had defenseman even half as good as Keith or Seabrook in Miller's whole career.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Rags win with a beauty OT goal by Krieder. Nice pass from Nash to set it up.

Rask was the Rags player of the game. Two bad goals got them back in it

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Right now Zetterberg has to be in the (premature) Conn Smythe discussion with the complete game he's been playing. Shutting down Toews and company and still being a force in the offensive zone...it's truly amazing to watch.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
In utter complete shock Chicago might lose this series.

I am, but at the same time I'm not...I feel like when a team dominates the regular season, they don't get as far as many predict in the playoffs. the 07-08 wings were the last team to win the president's trophy and the cup, FWIW. And since 85-86, when the trophy started being awarded, only 7 or 8 of the winners have won it all. Plus, teams can pad their stats by playing against worse teams in the regular season (not a normal occurrence for the sabres, unfortunately, as we suck against bottomfeeders)

Last edited:

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
My thought on the west. Both series have been very good as compared to the east. Who is this Regehr guy? The Sabres could use him. Brent Burns is a heck of a banger, Kopitar plays a very good two way game, Thorton can really turn it on. Also cant wait for F1 on Sunday.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Quick is a machine. You need good goltending to win in the playoffs. Once Miller leaves we better not be searching for years to find one.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Can Pierre be fined for his comments about the referee calls ? His love affair with crosby and the pens is unbearable every time a pen goes down it's " that's a blatant penalty, they missed it again"

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Can Pierre be fined for his comments about the referee calls ? His love affair with crosby and the pens is unbearable every time a pen goes down it's " that's a blatant penalty, they missed it again"

I watch CBC every chance I can. Mainly to avoid Milbury, and McGuire. Fun fact I never knew until today ... Pierre's first name is Regis.

Plus I like Jim Hughson :yo:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I watch CBC every chance I can. Mainly to avoid Milbury, and McGuire. Fun fact I never knew until today ... Pierre's first name is Regis.

Plus I like Jim Hughson :yo:

Living in Florida i dont have that option :cry: when i lived in buffalo it was wonderful..
since NBC is the network contracted thru the nhl wouldnt that make him an employee by extension ? i feel as though if john gruden said the refs are terrible, they are blowing every call...the nfl may have a say ( different sports i know)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Living in Florida i dont have that option :cry: when i lived in buffalo it was wonderful..
since NBC is the network contracted thru the nhl wouldnt that make him an employee by extension ? i feel as though if john gruden said the refs are terrible, they are blowing every call...the nfl may have a say ( different sports i know)

No, the NHL has no legal or contractual say in matters of NBC's employees. That doesn't mean someone from the league doesn't give the production dept at NBC Sports a call and voice their displeasure, which would likely get the results they want.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Toews with 3 straight penalties. He is coming unglued. Zetterberg is eating him up. Great move by Babcock to switch to Z from Datsyuk after game 1.
The fact that he's very likely going to end his career without a Selke is one of the biggest travesties nobody ever talks about.

I'm sure he's crying himself to sleep on his Smythe from 08, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad