GDT: Playoffs: Stanley Cup Finals

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Marc Methot: +1
Sidney Crosby: -1

Not really sure how that happens in a game being completely dominated by the Penguins...(OK I do know PP goals...but still) :laugh:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I really scratched my head when Paille was traded. Sent him off and kept MacArthur...

I could be wrong but, I look at Paille as someone (drafted #20) the Sabres wanted as a 2nd or at worst 3rd liner. When it looked like that wasn't ever going to happen they shipped him, considering it a bust. :dunno:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Well I know they had a roster jam at the time, but I thought Paille was the wrong guy to ship. Like you said, could've been unmet expectations but his speed and compete level are not easily replaced.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The trade might also have served as a wake up call to Paille. It's conceivable that he might not have become the player he is today if he wasn't traded.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Brad Richards will be a healthy scratch for the Rangers in Game 4....woah. Talk about rock bottom...

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
The trade might also have served as a wake up call to Paille. It's conceivable that he might not have become the player he is today if he wasn't traded.
Eh, he was immediately given buttloads of PK time in Boston that he wasn't in Buffalo and groomed into an elite fourth liner from the onset. I don't think it was a wake up call so much as a better coach having a better plan for the kid.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Eh, he was immediately given buttloads of PK time in Boston that he wasn't in Buffalo and groomed into an elite fourth liner from the onset. I don't think it was a wake up call so much as a better coach having a better plan for the kid.

the difference is that you don't try to groom a 1st round pick into an elite 4th liner.

however, if a busted 1st rounder can be acquired for a future 3rd round pick, you can groom him into that role.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Toews with 3 straight penalties. He is coming unglued. Zetterberg is eating him up. Great move by Babcock to switch to Z from Datsyuk after game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad