GDT: Playoffs Push / “Tank”😂 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Doubt we get in,,we took to long to make the big gm and coaching change ,,,but since then ,things look way more positive.Looking forward to the off season,and getting this team some better players...Love Bruce as the coach and hope he is back with a good contract..

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Technically, you’re right…but when you start the season 6-14-2 after 22 games, you would generally expect to be mathematically out in short order

Since then ..they’ve gone 32-15-9,and here we are April 21..and they are still not mathematically out.

You can look at it like the team turned a corner,and finally played to their potential..or they’re still just a ‘bad team’ that played with ‘no pressure’ …

Your call…?
A team could go 0-41-0 and still not be mathematically eliminated.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Predictably, the more cynical posters here are trying to disqualify the 32-15-9 record...(the same ones who disqualified their performance in the bubble playoffs)

Overall though, there's a good number of posters (even here) that are optimistic for next year (despite the fact, we could be losing a few good players).

No one is "disqualifying" the Canucks record with Boudreau as coach. It's impressive, but it's still not good enough to overcome the disaster that was the Benning regime.

To reframe the discussion: just how awful was Benning to turn a 107 point team into a non-playoff team after 8 years of figuring out how to be a GM?

Seriously, Benning's been fired -- why are you still carrying water for him?

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
No one is "disqualifying" the Canucks record with Boudreau as coach. It's impressive, but it's still not good enough to overcome the disaster that was the Benning regime.

To reframe the discussion: just how awful was Benning to turn a 107 point team into a non-playoff team after 8 years of figuring out how to be a GM?

Seriously, Benning's been fired -- why are you still carrying water for him?
I just said I thought this years roster was good enough to be a playoff team..The GM Allvin pretty much left the team intact..What does that tell you..?

I'm not anti Benning, and I dont have animosity for the guy (he deserved to get fired though)..Feel free to quote me where I've carried water for him in this conversation.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I just said I thought this years roster was good enough to be a playoff team..The GM Allvin pretty much left the team intact..What does that tell you..?

I'm not anti Benning, and I dont have animosity for the guy (he deserved to get fired though)..Feel free to quote me where I've carried water for him in this conversation.

Yeah, we all know this.

And nobody's fooled by the "in this conversation" qualifier. Your history is too well known for anyone to be misled by that.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Yeah, we all know this.

And nobody's fooled by the "in this conversation" qualifier. Your history is too well known for anyone to be misled by that.
I don't think his history or other known opinions have much to do with what he said, which was that under present management and coaching, the Canucks appear to be a playoff team. Since the team has performed at a top-10 pace over a huge sample size since the coaching change, this appears to be true.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Uh oh..back to the infantile 'but' lists.....you're reverting to form again...:)
What makes them infantile? That your persistent AND repetitive excuses for Benning are put together in one BIG OLE LIST for you to reflect on years of errors and failing to admit error???

:snide:

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think his history or other known opinions have much to do with what he said, which was that under present management and coaching, the Canucks appear to be a playoff team. Since the team has performed at a top-10 pace over a huge sample size since the coaching change, this appears to be true.

Once again, you miss the larger point. Way to keep on brand, I guess.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Once again, you miss the larger point. Way to keep on brand, I guess.
As opposed to the preeminent brand of HF Canucks, which is that anyone who points out stock inconsistencies and strawmen used to defend or support the board's oft-repeated orthodox beliefs is somehow violating the spirit of those beliefs even if he or she more or less agrees with them.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
As opposed to the preeminent brand of HF Canucks, which is that anyone who points out stock inconsistencies and strawmen present in the board's oft-repeated orthodox beliefs is somehow violating the spirit of those beliefs even if he or she more or less agrees with them.

Oooh, touched a nerve did I?

"LOTS OF MULTISYLLABIC WORDS" isn't really much of a response, frankly.

Nobody likes a self-appointed martyr. You need to get over yourself, if the mods will allow me to be so blunt

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benning is gone..but he’s still living rent free in your head..obviously :)
Not sure if you noticed but his decisions still effect this team, they did not end with him on December 5th.

Complicated stuff, Im sure, after standing behind a guy with such disastrous results for 8 years can be a challenge to admit you were wrong :nod:

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Rent free..:)
Is this you admitting defeat?

haha-lol.gif

• Love

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
EERF TNER…:)
"A couple nights ago, I spun the wheel for two hours and I don't think we picked in the top three once, so I was kinda put off...so the next day, I woke up and did it ten times, and we picked #1 three times out of ten, so that gave me more hope"

ReliableCheerfulChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
"A couple nights ago, I spun the wheel for two hours and I don't think we picked in the top three once, so I was kinda put off...so the next day, I woke up and did it ten times, and we picked #1 three times out of ten, so that gave me more hope"

ReliableCheerfulChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif
RF:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad