Playoffs - Points Percentage

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yeah, cause playing in game situations doesn't help you understand how you or your teammates would react in those situations, just practice does. Games do not help when you play against agitators, your own teammates can do that in practice just as well. They can cheap shot you, slash you, fight you, throw you into the boards, trip you, etc.

Please. Practice is important to work on basic skills and set plays as well as special teams but practice doesn't build chemistry. Also being in your own bed each night doesn't help either. Being n the road with the team is what helps to build some of that chemistry. Away from the wives and the girlfriends.

I have friends that guess what, when they played they didn't hang out with the other players unless they were on the road. I have watched hundreds of practices. Boring Lots of skating and passing skills and drills. Nothing like a game though. Lacks intensity.

Depends on the team. An older team might like being on the road. A younger team might like being at home more because they mostly don't have families. Chemistry is important and both help with it. Chemistry involves a lot of work and time together. That can come either way. Most teams don't have open practices or many fans in the stands because of the time but I'm pretty sure they play their teammates hard. We were always taught playing youth sports that practices were harder than the games. Games are execution. Practices are full of drills and detail. Also in a league like this where guys on teams are at different paces they might not be too close to begin with. Its hard when you have guys who will be getting called up and guys who won't and guys who might but are more on the fringe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad