Line Combos: Playoffs lines

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Tatar out, Caufield in.
Ducharme should not coach another Habs game if he doesn't put CC in for game 3.

We don't have any offence and Caufield is one of the player that could score from out of nowhere.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Got the split in Toronto, back to Montreal. Imagine we will see some lineup changes. Hopefully CC back and maybe Evans as well. Who comes out? Not sure. Tatar? Armia?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Can I ask the people who would take out Lehkonen why??...best forechecker, great PKer...two areas off the game where we have to hold an edge over the Laffs...
I don’t agree with it, but it’s about finding a way to get Caufield in. Byron and Lehkonen were the favs to be the odd men out and Byron is back to being his best self. And Byron is just a better version of Lehkonen when he’s on- he just has a breakaway ability Lehkonen doesn’t. Tatar or Armia probably the leaders right now though, and I’m leaning towards benching Tatar as unfortunate as that is.

Tough choices for DD to be sure.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I don’t agree with it, but it’s about finding a way to get Caufield in. Byron and Lehkonen were the favs to be the odd men out and Byron is back to being his best self. And Byron is just a better version of Lehkonen when he’s on- he just has a breakaway ability Lehkonen doesn’t. Tatar or Armia probably the leaders right now though, and I’m leaning towards benching Tatar as unfortunate as that is.

Staal, Tatar and Merill all should sit, but it won't happen...more than likely it'll be Lehky out for Cole, Kotkaniemi for Evans, and Romanov will still sit...cuz Dum Dom is, well, Dum Dom...

clodiot.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Staal, Tatar and Merill all should sit, but it won't happen...more than likely it'll be Lehky out for Cole, Kotkaniemi for Evans, and Romanov will still sit...cuz Dum Dom is, well, Dum Dom...

View attachment 437616
We will see. I actually think the plan is to keep the team fresh. Staal is apparently banged up so could be him for CC. If Evans is healthy could be him for Armia. Tatar could come out as well.

I think we see all the kids in before the end of the series for sure. As I said before the series began, better to switch from the vets to the kids than the kids to the vets.

RowdyDoughty

May 11, 2021

Byron was gunna be the odd man out, but he's played too well to take out. If everyone is good to go, its going to be Arturi forusre I think

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Caufield Suzuki Anderson

Toffoli KK Ylonen

Lehkonen Danault Gallagher

Byron Stall Perry\Armia

Romanov IN, Kulak or Merril Out

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Here's what I want next game

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher (shut down line)
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield (skilled line)
Perry - KK - Anderson (physical line)
Byron - Evans - Armia/Lehkonen (shutdown line 2)

Edmunson - Petry
Merril - Weber
Romanov - Chiarot

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Better chance of me getting in the lineup than Ylonen...he's some time away from getting his shot...

He has the speed, the hands, the shot and smarts to play right away, physically he can play against Toronto, no doubt in my mind...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Here's what I want next game

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher (shut down line)
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield (skilled line)
Perry - KK - Anderson (physical line)
Byron - Evans - Armia/Lehkonen (shutdown line 2)

Edmunson - Petry
Merril - Weber
Romanov - Chiarot
Put Byron or Lehky with Dan0 and take Tuna out, 3 years now with his face on a milk carton for missing persons in the playoffs. Kulak over Merril and back with Petry, Weber Chiarot, Eddy & Rommy

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
And now the Habs have the matchups. B2B games too, so whatever happens in Game 3 is somewhat likely to repeat in Game 4 (faceoffs, line changes, no practice before Game 4).

Vs. Matthews: Lehkonen - Danault - Anderson

Vs. Foligno: Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield

Vs. Kerfoot: Perry - Angry Kotkaniemi - Gallagher

Vs. Thornton: Byron - Staal/Evans - Armia

Shut down the 1st one, score against the other 3. Literally. Styles make fights. And Perry is somehow taking down Mikheyev HARD next game.

Maybe they don't win, but it's not gonna be a piece of cake for the Leafs.

Reactions: aresknights

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Tatar has been useless, he is bad at 5 vs 5, bad on the powerplay and does not play pk. He is probably still injured and he needs to sit.

Armia Suzuki Caufield: that line looked amazing the game they played together
Toffoli KK Anderson : big guns with KK who played well yesterday
Byron Danault Gallagher: should shut down Matthews line
Lekh Staal Perry

pp1

Caufield Perry Toffoli
Petry Suzuki

pp2
KK Anderson Gallagher
Weber Staal

Reactions: Notabaguette

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think Caufield draws in for Tatar in game 3.

Then I think Romanov comes in fresh in game 4 on a b2b for kulak or Merrill.

I'm not sure what Evans status is, but if it's enough to keep him out of the lineup, its probably something significant enough that you don't want him playing back to backs. Maybe he draws back in for game 4 as well. That should be in favour of Staal, but I would not be surprised if they pull KK again.

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
Tatar Suzuki Toffoli
Perry KK Caufield
Byron Staal Anderson
Armia Danault Gallagher

PP 1

Caufield Suzuki Toffoli
Petry KK
Leaves me on for 1:30

Pp 2

Perry Staal Anderson
Tatar Weber

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Tatar Suzuki Toffoli
Perry KK Caufield
Byron Staal Anderson
Armia Danault Gallagher

PP 1

Caufield Suzuki Toffoli
Petry KK
Leaves me on for 1:30

Pp 2

Perry Staal Anderson
Tatar Weber

I'm with you that they might as well load up PP1 and see if that can work. It's better to try and get 1:30 out of one unit that gives you your best chance at setting up, rather than having 2 units fumbling around for two minutes.

I'd move Suzuki to the right half wall though because that's where he is most dangerous. Toffoli has the skillset to play the bumper.

I'm not sure who should be with Petry on the point, but I'm not opposed to KK on this unit . This might warrant a diamond setup though with Petry the lone point man, and shifting KK down low.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habz4

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Deck chairs on the titanic thread.

if Tatar out, move Byron up with PD, go with an all Finnish line. Put CC with Suzuki.

Romanov in for JM.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I'm with you that they might as well load up PP1 and see if that can work. It's better to try and get 1:30 out of one unit that gives you your best chance at setting up, rather than having 2 units fumbling around for two minutes.

I'd move Suzuki to the right half wall though because that's where he is most dangerous. Toffoli has the skillset to play the bumper.

I'm not sure who should be with Petry on the point, but I'm not opposed to KK on this unit . This might warrant a diamond setup though with Petry the lone point man, and shifting KK down low.
The whole issue with the PP is the entry. Well, there might be other issues, but how would we know?

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Deck chairs on the titanic thread.

if Tatar out, move Byron up with PD, go with an all Finnish line. Put CC with Suzuki.

Romanov in for JM.

That's the kid who was shoving his Russian teammate in excitement from the bench, when his WJC team scored a tying goal in a round robin game.

Romanov must be boiling inside.

When they Unleash The Romanov, he'll be so pumped he could pull a Emelin on Nostrils. I hope it happens.

Shout out to whomever here played Red Alert 2 in the late 90's, Romanov was the bad guy until Yuri took over LOL... Romy's a Rhino Tank.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad