Playoffs "likely" to expand according to Goodell

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I feel like a 10-6 or 11-5 team missing the playoffs should not happen. I'd rather have a 7-9 team included than have a 10-6 team left out.

It happened this year. The Texans made the playoffs at 9-7 because they won the AFC South, while the Jets missed out on the playoffs at 10-6 because the Steelers won the tie-breaker for the final Wild Card spot.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Ties make sense in soccer since scoring is so low, they're crap in a sport with 3+x the offense. At the very least I'd be more accepting of ties if it shared the same point system it does in soccer, but it doesn't.

Not sure why I'm having a soccer vs. hockey argument on the football board, but sometimes you can't help but take the bait.

I'm not a fan of expanding the playoffs at all. I'd be more open to deleting the automatic playoff berth for division winners. Winning a division with 3 other teams in it isn't that impressive.

Well we got into sports in general and the playoffs and something came up about the point system and how it can affect the playoff races by giving out points for losses or rewarding teens for winning a skills competition. I did see though the other day that Wayne Gretzky complains there's not enough scoring in hockey.

I don't hate you're idea, I'm for eliminating divisions period but I'm not sure how either of these options work when the schedule is close to 50% predicated on divisional opponents in a small season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad