Playoffs: Habs vs Lightning

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Team wins 8 out of 9 and loses 1 game after a 5 game winning streak and some of you proclaim "we're done" "we suck" .... this fan base is ridiculous sometimes. Get a grip ffs.

It's incredible. If our world is really full of overly emotional, cry baby adults like what we see on this board, then I'm truly scared.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
e026d3

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Team wins 8 out of 9 and loses 1 game after a 5 game winning streak and some of you proclaim "we're done" "we suck" .... this fan base is ridiculous sometimes. Get a grip ffs.

Yea it's no big deal, some posters here wait for the first sign of anything bad to proclaim that we suck and will get swept without scoring a single goal

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
scott bowman ‏@coachwsb · 8h
Montreal and Tampa 2 very well Coached Teams should provide an interesting 1st Rd Matchup Great Goaltending on both teams

Funny that Bowman...one of the best coaches ever...thinks the Habs are well coached and the beer league armchair coaches/GM's on here think he's an idiot...priceless!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Montreal and Tampa 2 very well Coached Teams should provide an interesting 1st Rd Matchup Great Goaltending on both teams

Funny that Bowman...one of the best coaches ever...thinks the Habs are well coached and the beer league armchair coaches/GM's on here think he's an idiot...priceless!

Standard Bowman quote, he spits out that phrase every chance he gets for most teams. He got the goaltending part right.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I liked the game because we saw Carey take the game to the next level. Yes we lost, but to be fair we lost because of a stupid play on the PP by Desharnais, we could have easily gotten in to OT. Carey just played a monster game and this could only give him confidence against them in the playoffs.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

I really hope Bergevin is paying you for your services.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Is beating Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida something to be oh so proud about? Three crappy teams that even mediocre teams SHOULD beat? The shootout win against Boston? Shootout wins are not something to be in awe of. It means the team couldn't take care of its business in regulation. Even in Detroit, the game should not have been 5-4, but rather only 2 goals scored by Detroit, but our pathetic "defense" showed their worth(lessness)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Do you honestly believe Scotty has even seen more than a handful of Habs games this year?
i've watched every second of every game for years. If you can explain to me why everytime we have an opportunity to win a must game we fail. Everytime we have an opportunity to put a dagger in the hearts of our enemies we waver (Game 3 Boston under JM) I'll jump on your delusional band wagon.
Until then i will continue to assess the team i love as it plays out before me.
Yeah we clinched a play off spot and yeah we've won our fair share of games recently.
But none of you are going to convince me we are playing good hockey right now. :shakehead
Not close to what it is going to take to go far in the real season.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Do you honestly believe Scotty has even seen more than a handful of Habs games this year?
i've watched every second of every game for years. If you can explain to me why everytime we have an opportunity to win a must game we fail. Everytime we have an opportunity to put a dagger in the hearts of our enemies we waver (Game 3 Boston under JM) I'll jump on your delusional band wagon.
Until then i will continue to assess the team i love as it plays out before me.
Yeah we clinched a play off spot and yeah we've won our fair share of games recently.
But none of you are going to convince me we are playing good hockey right now. :shakehead
Not close to what it is going to take to go far in the real season.

Scotty Bowman watches a lot more games than you think, and I would probably trust his opinion over a fan's opinion, even if he has only seen 1/10 of the games because he can see more in a minute than a fan sees in an entire game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So I'm supposed to believe a political tweet from Scotty Bowman over watching almost every single player on this team regress offensively?

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
It will be a hard fought series. I really believe in our chances. I hope Weiss-Prust-Moen will be back in time. Any news on these guys?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Is beating Buffalo, Toronto, and Florida something to be oh so proud about? Three crappy teams that even mediocre teams SHOULD beat? The shootout win against Boston? Shootout wins are not something to be in awe of. It means the team couldn't take care of its business in regulation. Even in Detroit, the game should not have been 5-4, but rather only 2 goals scored by Detroit, but our pathetic "defense" showed their worth(lessness)

lol :help:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Scotty Bowman watches a lot more games than you think, and I would probably trust his opinion over a fan's opinion, even if he has only seen 1/10 of the games because he can see more in a minute than a fan sees in an entire game.

Fair enough.
Scotty watches a lot more games than i think. He has vested interests elsewhere and would be necessarily watching those games. My perception is mine alone. Do with it what you will.
i don't think the current edition of Les Glorieux is particularly well coached.
I also don't think despite our record we are playing a very good brand of hockey.
Go ahead and put your trust in Scotty's opinion and God Bless.
Fortunately i don't need Scotty sitting beside me during a game to explain what I'm seeing or even not seeing. I love hockey enough and am smart enough to know that a fan is not a completely reliable critic
particularly in the heat of the action. My assertations come from watching games and sequences of games multiple times. Some folks will see much of what i see and others perhaps none.
Isn't that the general idea of a sounding board?

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
There are a lot of Chicken Littles on this board.

:help:it,s not the one loss,it's how they lose,we finally get comfortable with how there playing,especially this close to the playoffs,and then they play agame like that!it's enough to drive you insane.not a fan of pj stock but he was right yesterday when he said we have the same problem with 5 games left as we did at the beginning of the year.its your guess who shows up in the playoffs jekyll or hyde.:shakehead

Bleu Blanc Rouge

Jan 30, 2010
Montreal
Okay?

Play-off mode DD is coming. As evidenced by his part in the GWG for Tampa Bay.

Dude what are u smoking ? He made a costly turnover, sure, but it's not a reason to be dramatic at this point, and definitely not a reason to conclude that he'll struggle in the playoffs...calm down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad