Playoffs: Habs vs Lightning

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
I don't know, I think we can take it in 6, but there's something about Tampa. I would rather face the Leafs or Bruins cuz Tampa we don't face them as much and when we did this year I remember Bishop playing on his head. But, come playoff time anything can happen, so we'll see I guess.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
We match up well against them. I wouldn't be too concerned about facing them. That said, Bishop could very well steal the series...

Disagree, Bishop historically owns the Habs.

4-1-2
1.56 GAA
.942 SV%

King Niinimaa*

I don't like it. Stamkos is getting back to his destructive force and Filppula has been surprisingly good in his task to replace Lecavalier. Sure they're without MSL which is a major plus but I'd rather face a team without Vezina contender. There's not enough Capitals for everyone so it has to do. Boston and Philadelphia had been the worst.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I remember when we were all so confident last year. I think we can beat Tampa, but I'm not as confident as some other fans.

I say Habs in 5 or 6.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I really don't get all the confidence... this is exactly the kind of team we struggle against... I really don't like it

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It is easy to overlook the Lightning but Hedman is a beast, Stamkos is back and Bishop is capable of stealing a series. Most of you are familiar with those three but you are about to be introduced to Johnson, Palat and Gudas. They are all an enrmous pain in the ***, then you still have Callahan, Filpulla an Malone to deal with. Tampa definitely is flying under the radar and should be taken quite seriously.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Don't want bad karma. Will take whoever we get.

I'm just looking at the odds there, and it looks like the Rangers actually have the highest chance of getting to the 2 seed (i.e. not 1a/b division leaders), and Philadelphia has the next best chances after us of getting the 3 seed. I don't think it's quite set in stone yet, though the "other" teams need like 6 more wins to make it interesting. I don't think they play each other again in the regular season, so it might be possible in a variety of weird ways.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
Possible opposing goalies for the first two rounds? Bishop and Rask, two clear-cut favourites for the Vezina.

The Vanek acquisition and the top line's form suddenly seems all the more crucial.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
We still haven't solved Bishop.

Ben Bishop is what, 27? And has 1 playoff game to show for it as a professional? I wouldn't be surprised if he solves himself when playoffs come - despite the comfort he seemed to have in the Bell Centre previously.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
What's the updated scouting report on all the kids with nice stats playing as Top-6 Forwards?... Ondrej Palat, Tyler Johnson, Killorn...? + Gudas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad