Post-Game Talk: Playoffs? Habs clinch playoff berth.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
In peace
Well, who do u guys want to play? Toronto or Edmonton? I'll admit, I'm scared of you guys and I wanna see what Canada wants to see, Toronto-Montreal. I want u guys to beat them as well

The oilers are the better matchup for Montreal, but they really need to get some key bodies back, and recharge from this 25 games in 43 days stretch, or whatever it was..... Otherwise, it really doesn't matter either way.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
It took a loser point after so many fails to "secure" this undeserved play-off spot. Pathetic. This is the equivalent to the participation trophy.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It took a loser point after so many fails to "secure" this undeserved play-off spot. Pathetic. This is the equivalent to the participation trophy.

I still see so called loser points as 1 point for a tie and no 2 points because we didn't win the post- hockey game skills competition. As entertaining as I find the skills completions, they aren't part of the playoffs, and so imo have nothing to do with whether a team is qualified for the playoffs.

Imo, if you really want to see who's best qualified for the playoffs, strip off all extra points earned 3 on 3 or in the shoutout and then look at the standings.

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
I still see so called loser points as 1 point for a tie and no 2 points because we didn't win the post- hockey game skills competition. As entertaining as I find the skills completions, they aren't part of the playoffs, and so imo have nothing to do with whether a team is qualified for the playoffs.

Imo, if you really want to see who's best qualified for the playoffs, strip off all extra points earned 3 on 3 or in the shoutout and then look at the standings.
It's wild how many people don't understand this...

Reactions: Defangles

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
IMO Toronto is the only team we can beat, and even then it's a long shot. I expect to be out quickly.
Logic says you are right. but i dont know why i have this feeling that we will see a different team come playoff time. Maybe its the pressure of getting there, is harder then the pressure of not winning a single game like some predict.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
The kid never played sO many minutes in the KHL. Or played so much hockey in that short period of time.
its the little mistakes, the passes 5 feet ahead or 5 feet behind...

the guys are mentally exhausted. the habs have played more games than anyone by a wide margin. the exhaustion is not only physical

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I guess, to be fair to McDavid.. he played all night against the only line showing desperation.
I wouldn't mistake lack of desperation with lack of talent. The Russians have an old expression: if you can skate anything is possible. If you can't, nothing is. The one line that supposedly showed desperation (effort) can skate. The other lines, don't have the requisite skill (skating) to do anything about their supposed desperation. Let us hope that the inept fools that run this team give our best skaters a chance to do: the possible. Regrettably, I think you will see just more of Staal, Armia, etc. accomplishing: the nothing.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Really not happy with this season but the wierd thing is... I know we will do well in the playoff
It wouldn't surprised me. Rest and rested players coning back from injury will do wonders for the team. Mix in the fact Toronto and Edmonton have question marks and we could surprise. Im not expecting a deep run but I dont think we'll be as bad as some seem to think.

Its not like 09 where the team was limping into the playoffs and losing players left and right. I feel like its more like 2010 where we limped in and expectations are low but unlike 2010 there's the makings of a good run depending on a hot goalie since bubble Price+a deeper lineup should be competitive.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
What I will say though is Dom better get more aggressive with a rested and healthy lineup. Hes been coaching not to lose lately. He needs to be hetter with lineup changes and strategic changes.

Jul 6, 2016
What I will say though is Dom better get more aggressive with a rested and healthy lineup. Hes been coaching not to lose lately. He needs to be hetter with lineup changes and strategic changes.

The guy is preparing himself to go back to an assistant-coaching job or an AHL head-coaching job, and not necessaraly in MTL

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
In peace
Well, who do u guys want to play? Toronto or Edmonton? I'll admit, I'm scared of you guys and I wanna see what Canada wants to see, Toronto-Montreal. I want u guys to beat them as well
habs match up better with oilers - 5-2-1
but CH has been injured and exhausted for so long, it doesn't really matter who we get.
If habs get their injured back and guys are rested, they will give both teams problems

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
habs match up better with oilers - 5-2-1
but CH has been injured and exhausted for so long, it doesn't really matter who we get.
If habs get their injured back and guys are rested, they will give both teams problems
For sure
Just hoping for Leafs HABS . Canada wants it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad