Post-Game Talk: Playoffs? Habs clinch playoff berth.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There is no normality this year. There is no comparison to do. North division was maybe the section were they travelling the most. They played 25 games in 53 days I believe. I mean. You can’t compare the result of this year vs a normal year. And, there was no bottom feeder team in the section like detroit/Nj etc were its easier to gets free points. So let just be happy to make playoff
I dont think we'd be in a better spot under a normal schedule when we've struggled as much this year. Traveling happened to every team in our division, and I really don't wanna hear about bottom feeders when we can barely beat the sens.

Reactions: ArtPeur

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I dont think we'd be in a better spot under a normal schedule when we've struggled as much this year. Traveling happened to every team in our division, and I really don't wanna hear about bottom feeders when we can barely beat the sens.
Leafs, Edm and Sens had the easiest schedule in the division from mid-Feb...and coincidentally all three had the best records in the division during that timeframe.

Whereas the two teams w the most condensed schedules (Habs & Jets) suffered the most injuries and shoddy records

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterDecoy

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
There is too much « if » to me. Calgary doesnt represent to me a bottom feeder team and they arent making playoff... am I really satisfy by the result? No. But when you asked my where I saw the position of montreal after this season. I said barely on a playoff spot postion cause edmonton and toronto were clearly better and they are at this spot. Middle of the pack

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Habs will have 5-6 days off now?
Can they turn their rope a dope play into an upset?
Leafs (most likely) or Edm will be heavily favored and i expect Habs will knock either team out rather easily - as long as Price, Gallagher & Weber have recovered from injury.

Playoffs are a different game..

Reactions: BLONG7

Julien LG

Dec 16, 2018

not wrong. but still. What a mess Bergevin gave to Ducharme. The GM fire the coach because he doesnt like how the team is playing and the new coach has to handle a schedule so jam pack that they litterally havent had a decent set of on ice training sessions since mid february... How are they supposed to do it. Ducharme keep telling how it's a process and blah blah blah but honestly, he's telling that because he cant tell the media: "we are not practicing ... ever ... the process is completely flawed.

A guy like Romanov for example. We were already saying at season start how he might have to adapt to the nhl schedule, but now we are all asking why he's doing bad with no on ice training to works with for the past 3 months and with 4 games a week. He's gazed and the only occasion he have to works on what the coach wants from him are late season games running after a playoff spot, it's down right absurd.

I would be surprise if it's enough, but at the same time a week off + a few training sessions might do more good than we think.

Problem is the injuries. I suspect that this team is a hell of a lot more bang up than we think. The 4 games a week did this.
Looks like most players might be back but at what %. Gallagher usually needs time to get going, i wouldnt expect the world from him unfortunatly. 2 players coming back from concussions, i hope they arent rush.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think habs fans can thank craig button for the motivational material. I actually think what he said will help the habs create a shock and win vs toronto. Last night i did not think so but now after reading this, and knowing some of the players we have it will have a huge effect.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Habs will have 5-6 days off now?
Can they turn their rope a dope play into an upset?
Hopefully, three things will happen during their days off.

1) They get all their players back with the exception of Drouin. I guess we can all agree he won't be back this year.
2) They rest up their "tired" bones and "fatigued" minds.
3) DD can impart his strategy to the players. I was really high on Ducharme especially after his bit with the national junior team. Today not so much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping it's because he didn't have time to change the system.

Reactions: Lshap and Roadhouse

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Our final standing will be decided either May 11th,12th or 14th.

If Winnipeg gets a point on either the 11th or 14th or we lose on the 12th, we play Toronto.

If Winnipeg do not get a point on either the 11th or 14th and we win on the 12th, we play Edmonton.

Winnipeg is 1-9-0 in their last 10 and on a 2 game losing streak.

Reactions: willzyix

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I think habs fans can thank craig button for the motivational material. I actually think what he said will help the habs create a shock and win vs toronto. Last night i did not think so but now after reading this, and knowing some of the players we have it will have a huge effect.
IMO Toronto is the only team we can beat, and even then it's a long shot. I expect to be out quickly.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Contract extensions for everyone baby !!!

tenor.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Our final standing will be decided either May 11th,12th or 14th.

If Winnipeg gets a point on either the 11th or 14th or we lose on the 12th, we play Toronto.

If Winnipeg do not get a point on either the 11th or 14th and we win on the 12th, we play Edmonton.

Winnipeg is 1-9-0 in their last 10 and on a 2 game losing streak.

What a f***ing indictment of the division that Winnipepg is 1-9-0 in their last 10 and haven't been in danger of missing the play-offs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I get your point...
But the Sens would've been a legit playoff team in a full season. They aren't really bottom-feeders and are, at this point, a better team than their record shows.

Reactions: zeeto

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Leafs (most likely) or Edm will be heavily favored and i expect Habs will knock either team out rather easily - as long as Price, Gallagher & Weber have recovered from injury.

Playoffs are a different game..

Let's not forget Danault. He is really important to the team. Even more since KK is trash lately.

Reactions: salbutera

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
What a f***ing indictment of the division that Winnipepg is 1-9-0 in their last 10 and haven't been in danger of missing the play-offs.

Because they were 27- 14 - 3 before it. They would have been fighting for top of the division if they went .500 or more in those games.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad