Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So we get the dreaded Sunday-Tuesday home games. Seems to happen every year
That's because the NHL uses the same schedule for first round of the playoffs every year.

Generally speaking:
Regular season ends on second Saturday or Sunday of April
Playoffs begin following Wednesday with higher seeds getting home games Wed - Sat and lower seeds getting home games Sun - Thur.

Its not like the league is out to get us, we just have to stop being the lower seed.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I really don’t like John Forslund as a play by play guy.

Hey hey what do you say.. gross

I like him more than Kenny Albert
I saw Forsland/McGuire listed for Friday but doesn't see anyone named for Wednesday(though Forsland looked available). Is Forsland the PBP Wed? Full disclosure, I'll likely try to catch the TB telecast if Rick Peckham is with Brian Engblom.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Yep....it's been well *****ed about since they implemented "Mobile Only" tickets at start of season. NHL wants to control the resale market. It's frustrating to deal with. You can access them using the Blue Jackets/NHL app, so you don't need the TM app. I'm pretty sure you can screenshot the ticket barcode from TM website if you don't have either app. The other option is you can go to the box office and have them print the tickets.

Columbus Blue Jackets fans upset with paperless tickets

Columbus Blue Jackets Mobile Ticket Management

Mobile Ticketing - Frequently Asked Questions

Assuming ticketmaster.ca and ticketmaster.com works the same way, don't need the app. You would just need to go on the net and log into your account. Somewhere, you can see your purchase history and I think you click on my tickets(view tickets?) or something. Your ticket with the bar code should come up.

If someone else bought the tickets, they may be able to transfer them to your account but not 100% sure.

thanks fellas, I'm really looking forward to Sunday night. My irrational fear was driving 2.5 hours and spending a few hundred bucks that I won't be able to get in somehow. I do have the NHL app so hopefully I'll be fine.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Thoughts from last night, other than "holy shit did that just happen?":
  • Bob played his ass off in the final 40. I feel bad that he still gave up 3 the way he played. If he gets that monkey off his back, look out. He made me nervous in the first when he couldn't even glove a puck down from the neutral zone. Need him to keep it up.
  • Savard continued his absolutely beastly play from the last month.
  • Z looked pretty good I thought for most of the game.
  • Jones looked awful in the first half of the game. He made up for it with his goal, but we're going to need him to get his shit together.
  • Harrington was as bad as I expected, and should not be getting more than 10 minutes of regulation time. He was far too low in Tampa's zone at least 3 times and does not have the speed to get back in position against Tampa of all teams. Torts needs to tell him to stop pinching.
  • I didn't notice Cam once, we need him.
  • PLD, Bread, Andy, Boone, and Foligno had the best games amongst the forwards.
  • Tex is the real deal man...
  • Dubi was good only for stirring things up, other than that he was horrendous. He had 2-3 giveaways by my count, and was out of position defensively at least twice that led to scoring chances for Tampa, and obviously took a 4 minute penalty. I like what he brings and I expect Torts to continue playing him, but I think we might be better served by Hannikainen's speed and forechecking.
  • A powerplay goal and 100% PK against the best special teams team in the league? Hot damn!
  • Hopefully Hedman continues to play like he did last night.
Keep up the speed, forechecking, and neutral zone lock, and we can win this series. It'll be tough when Tampa actually turns it on and keeps it on, but this game showed the players that they are beatable, and they got that monkey off their back. That should give them confidence going forward, but the pressure is still off which should allow them to continue to play the same way. As long as they don't feel pressure throughout the series, they can win it, but it's still unlikely.

Reactions: CPTN71

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
  • Bob played his ass off in the final 40. I feel bad that he still gave up 3 the way he played. If he gets that monkey off his I expect Torts to continue playing him, but I think we might be better served by Hannikainen's speed and forechecking.
  • A powerplay goal and 100% PK against the best special teams team in the league? Hot damn!
  • Hopefully Hedman...

I'm pretty sure Anderson put a shorty on them too!!! (which really only evened up the one we gave them, but still...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad