Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
You'll be plenty frosted playing that game, Old Guy. Remember that there are thousands of things that could have gone differently and spared us this fate.

This is true. And on the flip side to Old Guy’s post and my preceding post, we won a LOT of OT/SO games this year. If three of them broke the other way, we’re on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Viqsi

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
The ones that pop out more to me are @ Montreal and @ Winnipeg. The Jackets were less than 2-3 minutes away from getting both of these games to OT but gave up a goal.
Vancouver at home as well. They had a lead but blew it. Then Korpisalo let a garbage goal ( shooter was close to the goal line by the boards) with 2 or 3 minutes left.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Texier and Bjorkstrand looked good together and I'm assuming Torts pairs them in Game 1. Torts had Foligno centering them for most of the last two games. Does the Captain remain at center or will Torts call upon Boone, Wennberg or (cough, cough) Dubi?

Reactions: Madifer

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Texier and Bjorkstrand looked good together and I'm assuming Torts pairs them in Game 1. Torts had Foligno centering them for most of the last two games. Does the Captain remain at center or will Torts call upon Boone, Wennberg or (cough, cough) Dubi?
Honestly I would play them with Duchene, and Roll a third line of Dzingel Jenner Anderson, and 4th of Foligno, Nash, Dubinsky . That second line can fly, and Bjork is too good to be playing 3rd line.

Reactions: Madifer

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I think it's either Boone or Foligno, if Bjorkstrand and Texier are together.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The ones that pop out more to me are @ Montreal and @ Winnipeg. The Jackets were less than 2-3 minutes away from getting both of these games to OT but gave up a goal.
Was it one of these games or maybe Vancouver where Korpisalo blew up in the final 5 minutes and they snagged defeat from the jaws of victory?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I honestly believe there is a chance and I think I'll know based on the outcome of game 1 what that chance is.

My 3 keys to the game
1. Don't play with clenched butt cheeks. The pressure is off. They have nothing to lose. They were feeling the pressure after the trade deadline and had to fight through it.
2. Play solid team defense. I don't care if the CBJ have 7 20 goals scorers. They can't get into a track meet with this team. The defenders need to defend and the forwards need to be responsible and selectively aggressive on the offensive end.
3. Bob needs to be the best player on the ice. I watched the highlights of game 7 of last year's ECF. Tampa had their chances but Holtby delivered when they needed him.

If they follow through on these 3 points Wednesday and perhaps can steal game 1 I'll believe there is a chance. They absolutely cannot play the way they did against them in the regular season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
2. Play solid team defense. I don't care if the CBJ have 7 20 goals scorers. They can't get into a track meet with this team. The defenders need to defend and the forwards need to be responsible and selectively aggressive on the offensive end.
3. Bob needs to be the best player on the ice. I watched the highlights of game 7 of last year's ECF. Tampa had their chances but Holtby delivered when they needed him.

I re-watched the clips from that game too, and there was only one odd-man rush the Caps gave up, a 3 on 2. Perhaps they didn't include some in the highlights but I don't think so. Compare that to the dozen or so odd-mans the Jackets give up every game. Holtby had to be good, the Lightning had plenty of chances, I think more than the Caps did. But the Caps gave them no opportunity to use their bread and butter rush game.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I say Jackets in 6. They have to win game 6. If it goes to game 7, they're done imo.

W,L,W,W,L,W

Hopefully they make Kucherov uncomfortable but at the same time, they can't just focus on him since TB has a lot of skilled players besides him.

Mvp of the series will be Bob and Anderson. Bob for obvious reasons, he needs to be sharp. Anderson for his timely goals and hits!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I admire those of us who believe the Jackets can win this series. To me that would be as amazing as the '69 Mets (old guy reference point).Upsets do happen so there is hope.

I won't be surprised if TB sweeps.

I'll be rooting for the Jackets just don't have much hope.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Ticketmaster doesn't give the option to print out tickets? Why not? Only has the option for mobile, and I do not have or want the Ticketmaster app.
How do they see on your phone at the gate and about to walk in, if you bought a ticket?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Ticketmaster doesn't give the option to print out tickets? Why not? Only has the option for mobile, and I do not have or want the Ticketmaster app.
How do they see on your phone at the gate and about to walk in, if you bought a ticket?

Yep....it's been well bitched about since they implemented "Mobile Only" tickets at start of season. NHL wants to control the resale market. It's frustrating to deal with. You can access them using the Blue Jackets/NHL app, so you don't need the TM app. I'm pretty sure you can screenshot the ticket barcode from TM website if you don't have either app. The other option is you can go to the box office and have them print the tickets.

Columbus Blue Jackets fans upset with paperless tickets

Columbus Blue Jackets Mobile Ticket Management

Mobile Ticketing - Frequently Asked Questions

Reactions: Timeless Winter

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I admire those of us who believe the Jackets can win this series. To me that would be as amazing as the '69 Mets (old guy reference point).Upsets do happen so there is hope.

I won't be surprised if TB sweeps.

I'll be rooting for the Jackets just don't have much hope.
Last year from the end of the regular season until the beginning of the first playoff game, I was in a constant state of nervousness/excitement because I thought we had a good chance to win the series.

I don't have that feeling this year, unfortunately. That being said, if they somehow do pull off an upset, which I put at probably a 5% chance, I'll cry big manly tears.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think it's either Boone or Foligno, if Bjorkstrand and Texier are together.
I'm actually hoping it is Foligno. I don't know if Nick is actually a better center than Boone, but it adds some defensive oomph to the line plus with him at center. Also the line would likely get a couple more minutes since Torts generally makes sure the Captain is in the 14-16 range.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Assuming ticketmaster.ca and ticketmaster.com works the same way, don't need the app. You would just need to go on the net and log into your account. Somewhere, you can see your purchase history and I think you click on my tickets(view tickets?) or something. Your ticket with the bar code should come up.

If someone else bought the tickets, they may be able to transfer them to your account but not 100% sure.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I say Jackets in 6. They have to win game 6. If it goes to game 7, they're done imo.

W,L,W,W,L,W

Hopefully they make Kucherov uncomfortable but at the same time, they can't just focus on him since TB has a lot of skilled players besides him.

Mvp of the series will be Bob and Anderson. Bob for obvious reasons, he needs to be sharp. Anderson for his timely goals and hits!
Hell, if they GET to a Game 7, that will be a victory in its own rite.

Reactions: CPTN71 and EspenK

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
If the Blue Jackets win this series, I would suspect they would lose 3 games by a 1-8 margin and win 4 games by a 2-1 or 1-0 margin.

Win the series while giving up 16 more goals than they score.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I say the three main things to win this series :

1. Stay out of the box

2. Vezina Bob

3. Pucks going in and not out after hitting the pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad