GDT: Playoffs Discussion Thread III (Every time you post about politics, we cut off one of your fingers)

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah that was bad from Benn. Where's the leadership there? You can't answer a few tough questions?
Not saying you’re on of them, at all, but to all the Landy haters. At least you can be sure he’d have the balls to face the media.

Is it bad that I dont feel bad for that scumbag at all?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This Dallas team might go down as one of the worst teams that ever made the Stanley Cup Finals, up there with 1996 Florida, 2007 Ottawa, and 2006 Edmonton. If Covid didn't happen, I doubt they would've went that far and I still doubt they won't get there again with this current group.

I wouldn't go that far, but they were certainly not a great or elite team. Where Dallas was strong is that they have a great top 4D and great center depth. Their center depth is amongst the best in the league if they are healthy.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It´s hard and painful to lose a final, no doubt.

But try to be a professional (as far as possible) or stay away from any presser if you are unable to handle it.

This is embarrasing for a captain.
m9kI4jO.gif

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not saying you’re on of them, at all, but to all the Landy haters. At least you can be sure he’d have the balls to face the media.

Is it bad that I dont feel bad for that scumbag at all?
Landy's problem has never been dealing with the media properly. He is excellent at that.

His issues as captain for me stem from on ice issues. Doing disappearing acts for long stretches, consistently not having guys ready to go from puck drop etc. These are the things that drive me insane with Landy. Not his ability to answer tough questions from the media.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
What an embarrassing interview by Benn. I get that you’re upset to lose, but you have to go out and talk to the media. It’s what you signed up for by taking on the captaincy; all you had to do was go out and respond with 3 cliches but instead you go out and pout and don’t answer? Lol
Yeah Landeskog would not have pouted. He'd have actually answered and sucked it up.
Here, I'll go: "Yeah, it's tough to put into words right now, obviously we're all disappointed you know, you get so close..." *then stifle a cry*

Then there's the question about the journey with the team:
"Yeah, you know this was obviously tough for every team. But I'm proud of the boys and I know we're going to be hungry next season."

In fact, we've all heard losing team comments enough to fill in the blanks if he just did some kind of Charlie Brown's teacher noises with the "NHL player loses game" voice inflections. We'd all be like "Oh yeah, he said the proud of the boys thing".

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think... Even with the injuries the Avs had, if just Grubauer or Francouz was able to stay healthy... I think we would have been in that cup final.

Would we have won? I dunno, Tampa is a great team and it would have been one hell of a series, but just a healthy Grub or Frank and we would have gotten through Dallas and Vegas IMO.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think... Even with the injuries the Avs had, if just Grubauer or Francouz was able to stay healthy... I think we would have been in that cup final.

Would we have won? I dunno, Tampa is a great team and it would have been one hell of a series, but just a healthy Grub or Frank and we would have gotten through Dallas and Vegas IMO.
I don't know, it seemed pretty bad mentally with Francouz. Sure it could've stemmed from a LBI but geez.

I don't consider it much of a worry for next season yet, mind you.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't know, it seemed pretty bad mentally with Francouz. Sure it could've stemmed from a LBI but geez.

I don't consider it much of a worry for next season yet, mind you.

Maybe... But I just dont think he plays that bad to the point where the mental game falls apart if he's healthy.

There's no question to me he wasn't 100%. His lateral movements were noticeably a tad slower.

I think ultimately he started beating himself up over the bad goals so much, that combined with small nagging injury it just snowballed into the disaster we ultimately saw.

But I think if he was 100% healthy he would have been fine. It's not like this was his first ever high pressure goaltending situation. He has lots of KHL playoff experience, he back stopped the Czech Republic in the Olympics a couple years ago... He's been in pressure cooker situations before and played quite well.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Yeah if either Grubs or Frank were able to stay healthy or give us their regular season numbers there was a very good chance we'd be in the Cup Final and I think a coin flip that we win it. Obviously those are big ifs and there are so many other factors, but its the reason why it stings so much.

We've beaten this point to death though. Probably time to move on.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Maybe... But I just dont think he plays that bad to the point where the mental game falls apart if he's healthy.

There's no question to me he wasn't 100%. His lateral movements were noticeably a tad slower.

I think ultimately he started beating himself up over the bad goals so much, that combined with small nagging injury it just snowballed into the disaster we ultimately saw.

But I think if he was 100% healthy he would have been fine. It's not like this was his first ever high pressure goaltending situation. He has lots of KHL playoff experience, he back stopped the Czech Republic in the Olympics a couple years ago... He's been in pressure cooker situations before and played quite well.
Yeah... It is logical so I suppose that's likely how it went down. His movement was just all over the place in those bad games, I mean damn. Playing through a pull or something would limit motion ranges and explain jerky movements and all that.

And to anyone thinking about it, no, the gif of him warming up the area that is certainly connected to any LBI does not disprove an injury.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Landy showed me something in the couple of games before he got injured. I thought he showed up when the time was right.

He would have definitely sucked it up and given a good enough interview, too.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What an embarrassing interview by Benn. I get that you’re upset to lose, but you have to go out and talk to the media. It’s what you signed up for by taking on the captaincy; all you had to do was go out and respond with 3 cliches but instead you go out and pout and don’t answer? Lol

Pathetic leadership. I knew he was a shitty captain even before this year, and that proves it for me. Be a man and take your lumps after a loss.

0 goals and 1 assist in the entire six game Tampa series and pointless in the last two. You gonna play like shit and then pout like a baby at the presser after you lose? Just weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad