Playoff tickets

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Ok, I think we are close enough here. Anyone hear anything about playoff ticketing. It's been so long since we have had this chance that I don't really remember how the team handles them. So, anyone have any clue when they might go on sale? And anyone planning on getting them?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I looked up the date when they went on sale last time, the first Friday in April. So I bet that's the case this time. Naturally I'll be out of town then but I'm planning on praying I can buy some when I'm away. If you get their newsletter in the mail you might be able to get in on it on Thursday in their presale. I'm probably going to get tickets for the second home game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Blackhawks playoff tickets went on sale monday and I barely got myself two seats for the second game in chicago right next to each other when I found out in the afternoon.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Season Ticket Holders have a pre-sale to buy extra tickets that starts tomorrow and ends Tuesday night, so I would imagine tickets go on sale to the public sometime soon after.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Blackhawks playoff tickets went on sale monday and I barely got myself two seats for the second game in chicago right next to each other when I found out in the afternoon.

I went to look at playoff tickets in Chicago, but I can not bring myself to pay $75 for standing room in the first round.

Give me a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There is a presale on Friday. You guys probably get it in your email but if not PM me and I'll give the password. I'm not posting it for lurking Hawks fans to steal any more of our tickets.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I went to look at playoff tickets in Chicago, but I can not bring myself to pay $75 for standing room in the first round.

Give me a break.

You don't want to know what I ended up paying for the two seat reasonably low in the 300s behind one of the goals. But my birthday is the 19th, and this'll be the first time I see the avs in person since Tanguay's last run with the team, so I rationalized it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
You don't want to know what I ended up paying for the two seat reasonably low in the 300s behind one of the goals. But my birthday is the 19th, and this'll be the first time I see the avs in person since Tanguay's last run with the team, so I rationalized it.

That's understandable. I have actually been very fortunate to catch the number of Avs games I have the past few seasons. If I haven't gone to so many, I might have actually considered buy tickets, but I have been spoiled and am in my last semester of college, so I figured it would be wiser to save my money.

Me and the girlfriend are going to the game in St Louis this weekend. It's just crazy to think that our tickets (4 rows from the ice) combined are only about $30 more expensive than the 300 level tix I saw on ticketmaster in Chicago.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's understandable. I have actually been very fortunate to catch the number of Avs games I have the past few seasons. If I haven't gone to so many, I might have actually considered buy tickets, but I have been spoiled and am in my last semester of college, so I figured it would be wiser to save my money.

Me and the girlfriend are going to the game in St Louis this weekend. It's just crazy to think that our tickets (4 rows from the ice) combined are only about $30 more expensive than the 300 level tix I saw on ticketmaster in Chicago.

It's chicago man. Me and my friend were planning a trip to Indiana to go see the Bulls and Pacers play in the playoffs before Rose's knee exploded, cause if me and her split a room it'd have been cheaper than at the united center.

Growing up I actually got really lucky because the midget team I played for got invited by the blackhawks, and two of the games we went to were against the avs. But since then I haven't really been back to the United Center for a hockey game cause I got very frustrated with the way the team was just burying itself deeper and deeper during Sakic's final years.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Thats just stupid crazy. I'm glad, from the looks of it, that Avs tickets will be pretty cheap, at least for the 1st round.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
It's chicago man. Me and my friend were planning a trip to Indiana to go see the Bulls and Pacers play in the playoffs before Rose's knee exploded, cause if me and her split a room it'd have been cheaper than at the united center.

Growing up I actually got really lucky because the midget team I played for got invited by the blackhawks, and two of the games we went to were against the avs. But since then I haven't really been back to the United Center for a hockey game cause I got very frustrated with the way the team was just burying itself deeper and deeper during Sakic's final years.

That's true. It's hard to blame Chicago for inflating the prices considering people are gonna buy tickets no matter what.

Stupid business stuff.:cry:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's true. It's hard to blame Chicago for inflating the prices considering people are gonna buy tickets no matter what.

Stupid business stuff.:cry:

Global city my man. After NYC, Chicago's the biggest real city in this country and the hawks are a hot ticket as the one chicago sports team who are thriving.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know. It sucks.

*shrug* It has it's perks. I like being able to see Hyde Park, where I grew up, having grown so nicely, and seeing neighborhoods that were kinda scary, even for me, having changed so much. I know the whole city freaks out about the murders, but the homicide rate is at historic lows, and in general things are moving in a very good direction for the City, even if there's some obvious warts like the meter-deal, things like ticket prices going up, and the odd migration that all this gentrification has created.

I love big cities, and it's one of the costs of living in one.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
*shrug* It has it's perks. I like being able to see Hyde Park, where I grew up, having grown so nicely, and seeing neighborhoods that were kinda scary, even for me, having changed so much. I know the whole city freaks out about the murders, but the homicide rate is at historic lows, and in general things are moving in a very good direction for the City, even if there's some obvious warts like the meter-deal, things like ticket prices going up, and the odd migration that all this gentrification has created.

I love big cities, and it's one of the costs of living in one.

Yeah, I'm actually impartial on it. I like it and I don't.

I would keep talking about Chicago, but I don't want to ruin this thread :laugh:

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Just thought I would brag about my tix in Chicago. :yo: Hopefully we steal some games there so I don't have to put up with heckling from the Chicago fans.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I'll only be able to make a game if it falls on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday, but I took a flyer and just bought tickets for home game #3 (ie, game 5 or 6, if necessary). Row 11, center ice-ish. I'll probably offer 'em up on here if I can't make it down the hill for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad