Playoff series you're anticipating the most?

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I have always found Pittsburgh Columbus to be boring hockey. John Tortarella is boring. Looking forward to seeing McD and the sharks. Would have liked to see Toronto Ottawa. Montreal NYR isnt terribly exciting despite how looks on paper.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
aside from the Oilers/Sharks...

1. Pit/CBJ...two teams that hate each other, should be a war on ice
2. Ana/Cgy....two team that also don't like each other...should be interesting to see how the Flames react when the bigger Ducks start pushing around the smaller Flames
3. Wsh/Tor...the Leafs young core will get a huge test against the heavily favored Caps

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
You should have asked the series everyone anticipates the most ASIDE from the one involving their team. It would not have been biased.

For example, I will not pick the Habs vs. Rangers series as the Canadiens are my team. The series I anticipate the most is the Leafs vs. Capitals one. It will be fast, exciting, and I am expecting the Leafs to surprise a lot of people.

Except for that one, I will principally follow Chi vs. Nash (for the Subban element) and Edm vs SJ (for the McDavid element). The most boring series should be Boston vs. Ottawa, but I will watch some of the games as I adore the first round of the playoffs.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4 of my fave non Canucks teams are all playing each other which kinda sucks for me. Sens and Bruins and the Leafs and Caps. But well making this list gotta say theres a lot of really interesting story lines and am looking fwd to these playoffs even if my Nucks are outside again

1) OTT/BOS - Burrows as my fave player making the Sens my #2 team which use to be the Bruins
2) TOR/WAS - Next two fave teams and am predicting the Caps but really looking fwd to what the young Leaf stars can do

3) MIN/STL - Would love to see the Wild sweep the brutal Blues away. Will enjoy the Blues out of the playoffs
4) NYR/MON - Kinda could care less about the Rangers but you gotta be cheering for them as the good guys in there series of course. Go Rags!
5) EDM/SJ - Cant wait to see Mcdavid in the playoffs. Will be one hell of a beating IMO

6) ANA/CAL - Will be a tough series looking fwd to seeing if Tkachuck will be super effective or not. I think he will and this is a hard series for me to predict.

7) PIT/COL - Not too interested in this one tbh i guess will be interesting to see if the Jackets will make some noise with the successful season

8) CHI/NASH - Obvious result gonna happen and as not a fan of other team dont think I will even watch this one at all

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
I'm admittedly biased when it comes to choosing the Oilers/Sharks matchup, but as an Oilers fan, it's damn nice to finally get a chance to watch my team in the playoffs after so many years.
I tend to miss a lot of Eastern Conference games, so there's also a general Western Conference bias when it comes to series that most interest me:

- Oilers/Sharks

- Wild/Blues

- Penguins/Blue Jackets

- Blackhawks/Predators

- Ducks/Flames

- Capitals/Leafs

- Canadiens/Rangers

- Bruins/Senators

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
TOR/WSH, Looking forward to watching our young rookies against the best team. I think Matthews' game is tailor made for the playoffs where there is no space...he can stick handle in tight spaces and always goes hard to the net.

EDM/SJ, Connor McDavid embarrassing defenseman playoff edition, now with more speed. Nothing else to explain.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I voted MIN/STL, because that one has my team.

I think that MTL/NYR, CHI/NSH, and CBJ/PIT are all going to be close though, so those are probably the other series that I will be most absorbed in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad