Playoff series you're anticipating the most?

Phaneufed

We The North
Dec 24, 2006
Calgary
Always look forward to this poll come playoff time - what would you guys say is your most anticipated first round playoff series, and how would you rank them in terms of excitedness?

Hard to ignore biases obviously but mine would be:

CGY/ANA
TOR/WSH
EDM/SJ
MTL/NYR
CBJ/PIT
CHI/NSH
OTT/BOS
MIN/STL

Edit: Mods can one of you make a poll please? :)

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Pens/CBJ aside....

EDM/SJ is probably the western matchup I'll watch the most.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Leafs/Caps
Rags/Habs
Sens/Bruins
The rest.

Might tune in to Jackets/Pens if it looks like it's going to be a bloodbath.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
The way ppl keep talking in the WAS/TOR thread, its doubled any other series. The most talked about series will be the most watched and most anticipated.

Even if its a quick series.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Think pens/jackets and ducks/flames will have the most bad blood. Those will be probably be most interesting to me. Curious to see if the jackets can get under sids skin and how he reacts.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
TOR/WSH
CHI/NSH
EDM/SJ
CBJ/PIT
MTL/NYR
OTT/BOS
CGY/ANA
MIN/STL

Reasoning for my top 3:
- Leafs are my favourite team
- Blackhawks are my 2nd favourite team
- Want to see what McDavid and the young oilers do to the veteran sharks

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Calgary vs Anaheim. I don't love Calgary's chances but it should be a wild one.
Of course i'll watch the Leafs/Caps as well and probably Piitsburgh/Columbus and Chicago/Nashville.

Last edited:

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Its weird, I am a HUGE NHL fan and there are a lot of teams in this I consider my favorite teams but none of these stand out as MUST SEE as a casual NHL fan, so if its not your team I am not sure the answer. New blood with star power? Oilers vs Sharks. Best 2 teams going head to head? Jackets vs Penguins but the Pens are dinged and the Jackets are coming in cold. That being said, I will be at my neighbors house because he has 3 TV's in his basement!

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
1. OTT/BOS
2. ANA/CGY
3. WSH/TOR
4. PIT/CBJ
5. EDM/SJS
6. MTL/NYR
7. CHI/NSH
8. MIN/STL

Can't wait though. Plan on watching every single game. Usually one of the least interesting series for me shoots up the leaderboard and becomes must watch TV.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
TOP 4:
Caps vs Leafs - For the offense.
Pens vs BJs - For the crazy action and intensity.
Ducks vs Flames - For the physical play.
Oilers v Sharks - For Mr. 100 points.

Bottom 4:
Habs vs Rangers - Seems old and boring.
Sens vs Bruins - I think it will have it's good and dull times.
Hawks vs Preds - Isn't bad but I'd kinda like both teams to win so I'm not excited to see who gets knock out.
Wild vs Blues - Meh.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
1. Caps - Leafs

Caps fan here, so obvious choice. Toronto also have many players I like (Komarov, Martin, young lions club) and its nice to see them in playoffs after such a long time. Hoping for a good series, but for the sake of my health and mood Caps can not freeze.

2. Pens - BJ's

Of course interested in the pairing that decides whos next in case Caps beat the first round. Although it would be bitter sweet to face Pens again on the round 2, its always fun to be on the underdogs side. So rooting for the Jarmo in this one!

3. Habs - Rangers

50/50 series in my pov. Raanta won a championship for my home team far away from NY, so hoping to see him taking the iron throne from the King. Interesting Will propably be low scoring and tight series from the first puck drop. Expecting game 7.

4. Oilers - Sharks

Young team vs old team. Atleast when it comes to top guys. Over-performer? Vs under-performer? Will Sharks find their hockey again, is Oilers ready yet? Question marks floating. If it was east, would definately be higher on my list.

5. Sens - Bruins

Bruins has been good after coaching changes. Maybe the black horse to reach conference finals? Or have Sens something to say about that? But for Capitals, neither of these teams will be that high of interest just yet.Just looking for a close series. If Caps advance to round 2 ill be much more interested what these two are up to.

6. Wild - Blues

Minny has Koivu, Haula & Granlund so its reason enough for a Finnish guy to be interested to see how they do. kind of easy to wish all the best for both teams here, and as its west there is no bigger emotions mixed in.

7. Hawks - Preds

Gonna be tough series and all that. Like Nashville in many ways and hoping for a surprise, but most propably when its all said and done Hawks takes it in 6 or 7.

8. Ducks - Flames

Havent been watching much them play this season. Not sure what to expect. Ducks doesnt really light me up in any way this season and Flames has also been flying under the radar for me. Maybe this series changes that!?

Its not hard to judge from this that its much more about the east for me :)

Last edited:

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
PIT-CBJ
TOR-WSH
EDM-SJ
CHI-NSH
MTL-NYR
OTT-BOS
CGY-ANA
MIN-STL

Some personal preference for the teams but I think PIT CBJ will be a badass series!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Washington Toronto to me. I'm not sure it will be highly competitive as I just don't think the Leafs are ready to compete with the powerhouses just yet, but there is going to be a ton of skill on display and I look forward to that. I think Pittsburgh and CBJ will be a good series too.

If I wasn't a Blues fan I would not tune in to Minny/STL. It's going to likely be a very boring series for those not emotionally invested.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
None of the matchups are very enticing in themselves. I'll be following Caps-Leafs, Pens-Jackets, and Sharks-Oilers the most closely

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Eastern series aren't all that intriguing to me. The second round should be more interesting for them.

The two Pacific series are going to be what I focus on.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Hmm maybe this poll should have asked the one you're anticipating the most besides your own. Mine would be Toronto/Washington or Anaheim/Calgary.

Both the Leafs and Caps are exciting to watch and though I don't want them to win it'll be some great drama if the Leafs manage to push the Caps and threaten to take the series.

Ducks and Flames is going to be a war. Both teams really don't like eachother and I expect a very physical series that'll be fun to watch. (Especially if the Oilers get the winner if they manage to get past the Sharks.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad