Playoff series: Toronto vs. Montreal. Who takes it?

Toronto vs. Montreal.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Gallagher is one of the best 5 on 5 scorers in the league the past half decade. Other than Matthews (5) and OV (4), he's the only guy with more than one (3) top 50 P60 season finishes.
does he just score all his goals 5v5? because his totals are not very high

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Anderson isn't playing top line minutes or anything and Gallagher has been hurt
yeah i can see that with Anderson being at about 16 minutes a game

what does Gallagher being hurt have to do with his goal production?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Gallagher, Anderson and Toffoli are three of the best 5 on 5 scorers in the league this season per /60.
Coach should play them more and hope Gallagher's ready to go at full speed come playoff time because nobody else on the roster scores much at all.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Voted TOR in 7. Either way I'm looking forward to it even though it's not 100% sure. I've never seen Montreal against Toronto in the playoffs. Should be a good one. Plus, it may reignite the rivalry a little, which has been bland for a while. Looking forward to hating Matthews, Marner and co.

Reactions: tom leafers

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Unless Price is healthy and somehow reverts to his 2014-2015 self, I'm pretty certain Toronto wins.

Although you can never underestimate Toronto's ability to fail in the playoffs...

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Well I think if you took every team in the league their top 3 or 4 guys are going to be the go to guys on offense.
You think they're going to outscore Matthews/Marner/Tavares? It's fair enough that you've pointed out you've got some guys who can score some goals. But who on the Habs is going to outscore their counterpart on the Leafs?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I love Leafs fans man every Habs fan itt is basically saying Leafs in 4 or 5 but that's just not enough for you guys :laugh:
I said overly optimisic ones. I've read a few comments that predict a win. I'm ok with hopeful yet tentative. I am a long time leaf fan after all and I've spent decades planning the parade every year. :laugh:

That said, I couldnt imagine a worse thing than being knocked out by the habs and I bet hab fans feel the same about the leafs. I'm pretty confident that the leafs are a better team. I have no control whether they choke or not. No one will say the habs choked if they lose.
A hab fan relishing a playoff battle with the leafs in the first round with an expectation of victory seems a bit sadomasachistic.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Unless Price is healthy and somehow reverts to his 2014-2015 self, I'm pretty certain Toronto wins.

Although you can never underestimate Toronto's ability to fail in the playoffs...

should check his playoff stats from last season

Last edited:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Well, that's all that Hab fans have to desperately cling to, isn't it? Reality will sting, as will losing to the hated Toronto Maple Leafs.
No desperation on my part, just gleeful expectation.
It's awesome seeing and hearing more and more Leafs fans getting nervous at the thought of facing off against the Habs. Oh what horror it would be to get eliminated by the lowly Habs! Nothing to lose for the Habs, everything to lose for the Leafs. Gonna be such a fun series whatever the outcome (well maybe not so much for Leaf fans if the choke is on). This rivalry has been dead for too long. Time to re-ignite it! :yo::vhappy::towel:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
You think they're going to outscore Matthews/Marner/Tavares? It's fair enough that you've pointed out you've got some guys who can score some goals. But who on the Habs is going to outscore their counterpart on the Leafs?

I never said that tbf. I do think it's possible over a small sample size of 7 or less games that they could, however unlikely.

Reactions: LeafGrief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad