Playoff race.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The optimism people are expressing for the Sabres here scares me
Ask the fans who know the team the best....we aren't making it!!

Just like last season, they turn it on too little, way too late. Maybe if they started playing this way in October and stuck with it they would be where TB or TOR are. We should have a banner in the rafters- "Sabres hockey- There's always next season". Seems to be the mantra of this franchise

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With all the talk of the Pens being buried, it'd be pretty amazing if they made it, and with their talent it wouldn't be shocking I'd they started clicking and went deep

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
East - March 16
Tampa 76 points 16 games left WC1 (A4)
Philly 76 points 15 games left M3
Det 74 points 15 games left WC2 (A5)
-------------------------------------------
NYI 73 points 16 games left (M4)
Wash 71 points 17 games left (M5)
Buff 69 points 14 games left (A6)
NJD 68 points 16 games left (M6)
Pitt 67 points 17 games left (M7)

Realistically
NYI or Wash can finish at M3 or a WC and
Buff-NJD-Pitt only have the WC , they just need to go on a run.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
My gut tells me it will probably be Detroit in the final spot, but don't count out TB falling out and NYI getting in. Or if Philly falls off hard, then TB and DET will stay in and NYI takes 3rd in Metro. I just think NYI can't play any better and Detroit still has juice in the tank. They keep thinking they are an offensive team, but this past stretch will be a huge benefit for them in the final 15 games.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Someone call Crosby and let him know if he didn’t spend all his time crying these past games they could have made it wow lol

Reactions: DickSmehlik

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The bottom of the Metro especially but the east in general is complete garbage. Last year the east seemed to have no weaknesses and this year beyond the top 5 it's just a disaster. And the Leafs seem even more vulnerable this year than previous years and I included them in that 5.

Reactions: Realgud

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
The Flyers keep getting help, which is great given the tough stretch of schedule they're currently stuck in, and the fact that their defense is currently decimated by injuries, and our backup goalie has the world on his shoulders because our starter ended up being part of the Hockey Canada scandal. Gotta steal a couple games to keep it that way though before the schedule lightens up again.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
The fact Washington has a -31 goal differential yet is 1 point out shows how much of a joke this "race" is.
That's nuts. I've always believed goal differential is a good indicator of how things will eventually shake out in the standings and the Caps are a team all season I had pegged to fall but it's not happening. They're just hanging in there lol.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The Isles and Wings don’t seem too hungry for a spot lol. Keep blowing chances to make ground.
The final two WC spots and beyond is a clutter of blah teams. The Isles and Wings are two of the colder teams in the league. Neither are all that talented, either, but they do have more experience than a team like the Sabres.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The bottom of the Metro especially but the east in general is complete garbage. Last year the east seemed to have no weaknesses and this year beyond the top 5 it's just a disaster. And the Leafs seem even more vulnerable this year than previous years and I included them in that 5.
Leafs aren't going anywhere with that defense. I'm intrigued by the Canes. The Panthers are obviously legit. Boston hasn't done enough in the playoffs over the past few years for me to believe they'll go on a deep run. The Rangers are an interesting team, too.

Panthers, Canes, Bruins, and Rangers are the best teams in the East. Though, I only think the Panthers are on the level of the Oilers, Knights, Avs, etc...

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
The east looks pretty bad outside.
The final two WC spots and beyond is a clutter of blah teams. The Isles and Wings are two of the colder teams in the league. Neither are all that talented, either, but they do have more experience than a team like the Sabres.
I get the feeling we’re gonna see a few short series in the east. These teams look bad.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
In the west things are all settled. We just gotta figure out who is playing who. Blues arnt catching the knights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad