Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The Canucks were supposed to win because Jacob Markstrom was supposed give them such an advantage between the pipes. But, he stunk bad last night ... and his team still won. Why?
Alex Stalock had one shutout and still finished with an .897 save percentage in a four game series.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
That's just not true.

For 6M AAV for 5 years, I feel like it is. At least on the Wild, since we're not all that deep with our forwards. Bad wording on my part.

Yes, that's why Zuccarello was a $6M free agent. Zuccarello isn't a hard player to figure out. Play him with skilled players and you will get a 50 point guy. Play him on a line where he's the 3rd best player and you're probably looking at 60 points.

Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

According to this he played a lot of the season on a line with Zucker and Staal, and on a line with Parise and Zucker. I couldn't find any stats on how much he produced with each line though, so I don't know how much he produced on each line.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I disagree. The Wild have treated him like crap since day one, in my opinion. Boudreau was a serious problem for him, there was no communication, and part of the reason why that coach was fired. Zuccarello has confirmed his issues with BB to the media, I'll find the link if you want it.
Yes please, I don't remember reading that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
For 6M AAV for 5 years, I feel like it is. At least on the Wild, since we're not all that deep with our forwards. Bad wording on my part.

Line Combinations - Frozen Tools

According to this he played a lot of the season on a line with Zucker and Staal, and on a line with Parise and Zucker. I couldn't find any stats on how much he produced with each line though, so I don't know how much he produced on each line.
Now tell me what his production was when he played with Staal and Zucker?

Would also love for you to explain how he played on a line with Parise and Zucker? :facepalm:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Now tell me what his production was when he played with Staal and Zucker?

Would also love for you to explain how he played on a line with Parise and Zucker? :facepalm:

If you have a source how much he produced with each player/line, feel free to post it.

Also, mistake on my part. Meant to write Parise and Staal, not Parise and Zucker. According to that site, his two most common lines were Zucker - Staal - Zuccarello (27,51%) and Parise - Staal - Zuccarello (15,82%).

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If you have a source how much he produced with each player/line, feel free to post it.

Also, mistake on my part. Meant to write Parise and Staal, not Parise and Zucker. According to that site, his two most common lines were Zucker - Staal - Zuccarello (27,51%) and Parise - Staal - Zuccarello (15,82%).
I have already posted the numbers in this discussion before. Zuccarello scored at either a 60 or 70 point pace in the 30-ish games he played with Staal and Zucker, if I remember correctly. Listing Parise as a quality linemate is just laughable.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I have already posted the numbers in this discussion before. Zuccarello scored at either a 60 or 70 point pace in the 30-ish games he played with Staal and Zucker, if I remember correctly. Listing Parise as a quality linemate is just laughable.

Parise was a bit underwhelming this season considering his usual level, but he still was our leading goal scorer.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Yes please, I don't remember reading that.

Norwegian newspaper, give me some time.

Zuccarello's problems with Boudreau really hurt his game, people should keep that in mind.
And btw...Evason seems like a copy of BB.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Here's a quick run through of my point about Zuccarello and linemates

first 8 games he was paired with the anchor Parise = Zuccarello had 1 point

next 23 games from october 29 until Zucker gets injured december 15th = Zuccarello had 17 points. that's a 60 point pace over 23 games.

Even if you look at the 44 game sample from october 29 until Zucker was traded on feb 10 = Zuccarello had 29 points. That's a 55 point pace over more than half the season.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

next 23 games from october 29 until Zucker gets injured december 15th = Zuccarello had 17 points. that's a 60 point pace over 23 games.

Even if you look at the 44 game sample from october 29 until Zucker was traded on feb 10 = Zuccarello had 29 points. That's a 55 point pace over more than half the season.

Those are below average 2nd line numbers.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

So did he produce well with anyone else other than Zucker (and Staal, I assume)?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Mid section of this article, I'll translate..

Reporter: In February coach Bruce Boudreau was fired, and Dean Evason replaced him.

Zuccarello: -I felt that I wasn't used in a way that would get the best out of me. At the same time I wasn't good enough either, perhaps I was waiting too much for inputs.

Reporter: The communication between Zuccarello and Boudreau was close to non-existent.

Zuccarello: -I felt that he (BB) didn't know anything about me and what I've done in this league. It was a little frustrating, but at the same time it's part of the game, and you have to learn how to deal with it.

Zuccarello trying to be nice, but Boudreau obviously didn't do his job, and lost it he did.

Zuccarello går hardt ut mot gamleklubben: – Respektløst

Reactions: lindgren

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Granlund didn't have trouble putting up numbers w/ Koivu and he's a bottom 6 center.

Zuccarello isn't being paid $6M to be the 3rd best player on his line.

Koivu is now, he wasn't 3 years ago.

So find a way for Zuccarello to at least be the 2nd best player on a line.

How many points do you think Staal puts up playing with Greenway and Hartman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad