Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Isles fan here, hoping you guys win the lottery. Always had a soft spot for the Wild.

Also, is there anyway you guys buy out Parise? I was bummed when the trade didn’t happen at the deadline because the two sides ran out of time but now with the cap staying the same and our cap situation I can’t see the trade still occurring unless you guys take someone like Leddy or Leo along with Ladd. Rumor has it Bellows and Aho were in the deal too. Anyway, if he does get bought out I think he will sign with the Isles
His buyout isn’t as terrible as I figured but no one will have the balls to do it. Anyways it won’t save us any money in 3-4 years is which when we will likely need the most money.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Dumba is not the same player pre-injury. Not sure why/what/how but he is not the same....not nearly the same. To the point that I wonder what they could get now.
He doesn’t take any chances anymore. He doesn’t throw hits. He doesn’t use his shot enough. He doesn’t rush the puck. Even before his injury, he was a threat to make a good pass for a scoring opportunity from the backend. These days, he just isn’t. It makes very little sense to me.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m no cap-expert, but I don’t believe there’s a whole lot of benefit for the buyout (aside from opening up #11 for Lafreniere)

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Here's some additional context to the Wild's performance in the series. Give it whatever value you want, I know some folks around here aren't heavy in the analytics dept.

Ee5zmNbXkAAdQQa

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What went wrong with Luke Kunin? I'm reading his scouting report and they had him pegged as a top 6 scorer. I hope he breaks out next year like Fiala, but all I've heard is meh on him.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
What went wrong with Luke Kunin? I'm reading his scouting report and they had him pegged as a top 6 scorer. I hope he breaks out next year like Fiala, but all I've heard is meh on him.

I think he is still yet to be at his ceiling but his ceiling won't be what was maybe projected. He is a solid role player though and if we are talking scoring, he is one of the few who produced multiple goals for the Wild in the series. Which is alarming for the rest of the team but good for him. Considering our best prospects have historically seemed to disappear come play offs, it was nice to see him on the score sheet.

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Canucks fan here..scary scary team you guys have.It was hard to watch this series and having to pick.My girlfriend is from Rochester Minn so I kinda have a tie to the Wild also.I hope now that Minnisota gets the #1pick in the draft to build on a already solid team...good luck going forward guys..cheers

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Canucks fan here..scary scary team you guys have.It was hard to watch this series and having to pick.My girlfriend is from Rochester Minn so I kinda have a tie to the Wild also.I hope now that Minnisota gets the #1pick in the draft to build on a already solid team...good luck going forward guys..cheers
Scary as in scary bad

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The only Good thing about playing Galch during the playoffs is that it will dissuade BG from signing him, at any cost. Rask can do what he is doing, and don't need another. The Galch v.2015 version is gone, and isn't coming back.

Reactions: a79krgm

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I really hope they get rid of Galchenyuk, then Zuccarello will get him off his back. He's been forced to carry this guy for most of the season.

But I'm not sure what Zuccarello is going to do. It's clear that the Wild didn't deliver what he expected when he signed here, and vice versa.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I really hope they get rid of Galchenyuk, then Zuccarello will get him off his back. He's been forced to carry this guy for most of the season.

But I'm not sure what Zuccarello is going to do. It's clear that the Wild didn't deliver what he expected when he signed here, and vice versa.

Galchenyuk played 18 games.

Reactions: TaLoN

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Wild delivered, Zuccarello did not. Do not blame the team for the player's shortcomings.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Wild delivered, Zuccarello did not. Do not blame the team for the player's shortcomings.
the Wild and Guerin didn't deliver shit. Imagine being in the locker room listening to Guerin talking about how he expects the team to win and then looking at Dubnyk/Stalock/Galchenyuk

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
the Wild and Guerin didn't deliver shit. Imagine being in the locker room listening to Guerin talking about how he expects the team to win and then looking at Dubnyk/Stalock/Galchenyuk

I meant in terms of Zuccarello. He was given opportunities to produce, and didn't.

Reactions: 57special

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Galchenyuk played 18 games.

It feels like most of the season, point is he couldn't get away from him.

Evason didn't even try Zuccarello and Fiala together, certainly wouldn't hurt since they had some serious scoring problems, and based on Zuccarello's playoff stats.

I really doubt Evason's coaching skills after this series. He actually started Foligno on the top line in game 4...just shocking.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I meant in terms of Zuccarello. He was given opportunities to produce, and didn't.
Zuccarello did produce when he was given icetime with top 6 level NHL players. Sure, it would be great if Zuccarello could put up 50 points while playing with plugs like Galchenyuk and Foligno,but that just isn't realistic for a $6M winger. Just like People were upset when Vanek couldn't do anything with guys like Haula, Brodziak, and Fontaine.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Zuccarello did produce when he was given icetime with top 6 level NHL players. Sure, it would be great if Zuccarello could put up 50 points while playing with plugs like Galchenyuk and Foligno,but that just isn't realistic for a $6M winger. Just like People were upset when Vanek couldn't do anything with guys like Haula, Brodziak, and Fontaine.

When a player can only produce with top 6 forwards, the player isn't that good.

Also, Galchenyuk was here for only 18 games.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com

The Canucks were supposed to win because Jacob Markstrom was supposed give them such an advantage between the pipes. But, he stunk bad last night ... and his team still won. Why?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I initially guessed Canucks in 5, i'm not usually right so that was a shock.
Hope you guys get Lafreniere.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
When a player can only produce with top 6 forwards, the player isn't that good.

Also, Galchenyuk was here for only 18 games.
Yes, that's why Zuccarello was a $6M free agent. Zuccarello isn't a hard player to figure out. Play him with skilled players and you will get a 50 point guy. Play him on a line where he's the 3rd best player and you're probably looking at 60 points.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

I disagree. The Wild have treated him like crap since day one, in my opinion. Boudreau was a serious problem for him, there was no communication, and part of the reason why that coach was fired. Zuccarello has confirmed his issues with BB to the media, I'll find the link if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad