Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Best mask I've ever seen. Gorgeous.

rolismask.jpg

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Roy is a good pickup and he should have been picked up before the season started. Nashville signed all 3 Centers the Oilers needed - Ribeiro, Roy and Jokinen. Our GM was way too slow in making his "bold" move.

This. MacT is consistently behind the times.

Lots to crap on MacT about, including the 'C' position, but word was he tried to sign Roy but he went with Nashville instead.

And by the way, fans are crying for Jokinen's head (4 points in 36 games) and Roy was on waivers...just sayin'...:sarcasm:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Lots to crap on MacT about, including the 'C' position, but word was he tried to sign Roy but he went with Nashville instead.

And by the way, fans are crying for Jokinen's head (4 points in 36 games) and Roy was on waivers...just sayin'...:sarcasm:

MacT said himself yesterday or the day before they could have had Roy in the summer if they wanted him. He chose to run with his trained monkey instead of a proven player. Makes you wonder who else they could have had. Chalk another one up in the fail column.

Oct 15, 2008
MacT said himself yesterday or the day before they could have had Roy in the summer if they wanted him. He chose to run with his trained monkey instead of a proven player. Makes you wonder who else they could have had. Chalk another one up in the fail column.

Do you have a link to this?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
WTF are you talking about. That Doughty goal goes in on 95% of the goaltenders in the league. The second goal I'll give you as a poor one, but why the **** does J. Schultz take a high sticking penalty 150 feet away from his net on a guy without a stick. Scrivens is one of the last guys we should be blaming for this loss.

is the bolded a habit formed statement? :laugh:

WE won. ??

Although you seem to be convincing yourself of some other result. ;)

Otherwise I agree with your post.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Let's not exaggerate..3 of the 4 were missed shots. One hit him. Having said that, he played a good game considering.

Really? It was the middle of the net. Him just standing up in normal position it would have hit him.
I'd say more like 95% of the goalies would have stopped it.

Missed shots are often the result of a goalie playing well and shooters thinking they need the perfect shot to score. just saying.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I'm just glad Nelson limited Nikita's ice time (probably because it was his first game back as well after injury). I like that it was only 11 minutes of ice time. Even at full strength the guy is brutal.

Another reason the pro scouts suck. Thank god it was just two years.

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
I'm just glad Nelson limited Nikita's ice time (probably because it was his first game back as well after injury). I like that it was only 11 minutes of ice time. Even at full strength the guy is brutal.

Another reason the pro scouts suck. Thank god it was just two years.

What did Schultz play last night? Anything north of 10 minutes is insane.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Missed shots are often the result of a goalie playing well and shooters thinking they need the perfect shot to score. just saying.
If you can't deke the goalie in a shootout and he is square to you, you try the shot that might miss rather then just hitting him in the chest.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
If you can't deke the goalie in a shootout and he is square to you, you try the shot that might miss rather then just hitting him in the chest.

Exactly. its why theres a saying that the goalie "forced the shot wide".

Scrivens was square to shooters all night and making a lot of difficult saves look easy.

Scrivens in fact playing so well Kings were trying to do anything to get him off his game. Run him, spray water at him, call out his stick, etc. :laugh:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
This team never should have let it get to that point. Score the 3rd goal on the PP that was immediately prior to that and it's game over. Schultz compounded the problem with his atrocious penalty. This team still sucks and goaltending is one of the last things I'd be changing. I watch a lot of games around the league and a ton of goaltenders give up 1 or 2 "bad" goals a game. Theres only so many elite guys who can stand on their head and not have anything trickle through.

Both those statements are foolish at best.

Our goalies have been awful this year, its one of the main reasons we play with ZERO confidence.

Good goalies DO NOT give up 1-2 bad goals a game on a regular basis, wtf are you even thinking. If they do give up 1-2 bad ones a night, they won't stay in the NHL.

Last edited:

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Both those statements are foolish at best.

Our goalies have been awful this year, its one of the main reasons we play with ZERO confidence.

Good goalies DO NOT give up 1-2 bad goals a game on a regular basis, wtf are you even thinking. If they do give up 1-2 bad ones a night, they won't stay in the NHL.

I really think he abysmal defence has a lot to do with the lack of confidence

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Listening to the postgame, that's the first time I've had a chance to listen to Nelson speak. It a nice change from the arrogance that Eakins carried, I don't come away wanting someone to punch him.

Comes across like a real, honest, humble guy..

“I’m going to do it the way I’ve always had,†Nelson said. “I want to build a culture conducive to success"..

Unlike Eakins, who seemed to be auditioning for the role of "egotistical coach",every time he spoke to the media..:shakehead

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Sure, whatever you say. He made a lot of saves, those goal were awful.
No, its "whatever you say" Jimmi.
You said he didn't make the saves "when needed". When is a save more "needed" than in the shootout?
Scrivens is one of the last guys we should be blaming for this loss.
Hahaha. Oiler fan so conditioned to losing that he thinks we lost a game we actually won. :cry:

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Schultz played 19:34 last night

I'm spread sheeting the ice times of the D to see any differences with Nelson.....

Petry - 25:20
Klefbom - 22:57
Ference - 22:14
Fayne - 21:54
Schultz - 19:34
Nikitin - 11:15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad