Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Preview: Washington Capitals (1st Metro) v Toronto Maple Leafs (2nd WildCard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
If the Leafs win this series would that be the biggest 1st round upset in NHL history? It would imo.

Just recently in 2012 the 8th seed La kings beating the previous year Western conference champion canucks and 2nd time president trophy canucks in 5 games is a bigger upset than us beating the caps (unless we sweep them).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
There are silver linings. I'm not worried. I still expect the Leafs to do well, but we need to be crisp. Washington has weaknesses.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Our defence can't hang with Washington offence.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Just yesterday we saw Washington dismantle the Bruins.

Hope they can put together a good game plan and execute. Bozak and Kadri lines will need to be huge in terms of matchups.

My biggest fear is our defense getting hit hard on every forecheck.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Guys... think of it this way, If we manage to beat the caps... then we can beat anyone!!!!! :yo: lets go boys. Caps will choke like always, they will criminally underestimate us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Typical Maple Leafs.:facepalm:Pissed away any chance at winning a round. They're gonna get smoked by the Caps.:help:

Typical Maple Leafs...finish dead last and follow it up with a playoff spot.

Wait what? That's not typical? Oh...

They won yesterday despite all the bounces going against them, we could easily have quit that game after Gardiner's bad bounce but we won.

Ovechkin, Crosby, Kane, Tavares, Stamkos, McDavid...great players huh? None of them made it to the playoffs in their first year after being picked first overall. Not even close BTW.

The Leafs made it with Matthews putting up 40 goals..the most since Sundin.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Why don't we have a series talk with a poll?

Every other playoff team seems to have one on their board.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Hope they can put together a good game plan and execute. Bozak and Kadri lines will need to be huge in terms of matchups.

Washington is nuts. They finish every single check...they were toying with Boston yesterday, keep in mind though Boston didn't have Krug, Carlo and Marchand.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
I hate Leafs "fans" who say **** like "Caps in 4"

This is hockey, upsets happen. Have some ****ing pride and BeLeaf in your team.

Leafs in 7

Go :leafs Go

****in A right!

What's the point in watching the games if they think it'll just be a sweep.

I honestly think we can upset them, the Caps are under so much pressure especially Ovy, that they'll crumble to the fast paced, NO FEAR having Maple Leafs!

Go Leafs Go!!!!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just recently in 2012 the 8th seed La kings beating the previous year Western conference champion canucks and 2nd time president trophy canucks in 5 games is a bigger upset than us beating the caps (unless we sweep them).

Wouldn't call it an upset. LA just couldn't score in the regular season but had fantastic possession numbers. They just wrecked everyone in the playoffs and couldn't stop scoring.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Didn't we dismantle the Bruins on multiple occasions?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Why don't we have a series talk with a poll?

Every other playoff team seems to have one on their board.

sorry - I'll try to add one on. (I just wanted the preview/discussion up. i didn't think about the poll).

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
I will say this. I hope the newspapers and the media call this series over before it starts. Babcock should give that message to all the players. Should get the competitive juices flowing.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Leafs vs Capitals game 1-Thursday April 13th. We begin!

Lets give the Capitals a good fight that gets them to think!
Go Leafs Go

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
In reality, all the pressure is on Washington. The underdog Leafs are playing with house money, and the Caps are trying to shake a choker label.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You can't win unless you take down the biggest threat, we just get to start with them. Win or lose they have a lot to be proud of and this team has surprised all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad