Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Cole
Nyquist-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Kronwall-Quincey
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Any two of Ericsson/Smith/Marchenko/Ouellet

Howard
Mrazek

I've given up on Franzen because I'd like him to have a nice happy retirement and be able to feed himself for many years.

I've given up on Weiss because we're simply never going to give him a legit chance. I don't think it's his fault, but nonetheless he doesn't seem to fit for whatever reason.

Anyway even without those two, I think all 4 lines look like great playoff lines.

Defense looks a little more suspect, but I think Quincey has been solid enough to play it safe, stay-at-home style with Kronwall against top matchups so Zid can take advantage of weaker opposition to create some goals.

I think we probably have roughly a 4-way tie for who's good enough to trust with 3rd line defense duties. Give them as few minutes as possible and go with whoever is currently making the fewest mistakes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know that it would never happen, but would love to see

Tatar-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Abby-Zetterberg-Cole
Pulks-Sheahan-Helm
Miller-Glenny-Jurco

sureWhyNot

Jan 24, 2012
Chicago
Man. Still can't get over the decision to keep Franzen over Hossa. Spare me the argument about money. The diff was so marginal - they could have waived Meetch and problem would have been solved. Instead we got.... Well Franzen and his penchant to look at the ice at all times

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Tatar-Datsyuk-Cole
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abby
Pulkkinen*-Sheahan-Helm
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Kronner-Smith/Marchenko
DD-Quincey
Zidlicky-Big E/Marchenko

*If Franzen isn't available

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Honestly, if Franzen is cleared to play right before/during the playoffs, should he be put in game? Lets be honest, he's been out so long that it will take multiple games for him to adjust, leaving a hole in the lineup. Can the Wings afford that with their 5on5 scoring issues?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly, if Franzen is cleared to play rig Bht before/during the playoffs, should he be put in game? Lets be honest, he's been out so long that it will take multiple games for him to adjust, leaving a hole in the lineup. Can the Wings afford that with their 5on5 scoring issues?

That's not how I remember Franzen's previous comebacks.

Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Cole
Franzen-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

How bout that for the playoffs? Maybe some tweaks with the wingers, but I would love a real playoff 4th line. Before someone tells no way Abdelkader should be on the 4th line that line would be our main checking line and play as much as anyone EVS plus he plays on both special units.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
That's not how I remember Franzen's previous comebacks.

Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Cole
Franzen-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

How bout that for the playoffs? Maybe some tweaks with the wingers, but I would love a real playoff 4th line. Before someone tells no way Abdelkader should be on the 4th line that line would be our main checking line and play as much as anyone EVS plus he plays on both special units.

Abdie has been hella consistent this year. I'd say there is zero chance of him slotting in outside of the top 6

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Honestly, if Franzen is cleared to play right before/during the playoffs, should he be put in game? Lets be honest, he's been out so long that it will take multiple games for him to adjust, leaving a hole in the lineup. Can the Wings afford that with their 5on5 scoring issues?

If he's completely healthy I'd give him exactly ONE game to prove he's better than anyone on the bench.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pulkkinen and Mrazek should have played their last games in GR IMO

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Abdie has been hella consistent this year. I'd say there is zero chance of him slotting in outside of the top 6

I think it's worth considering. That fourth line would be solid as hell, which would be nice since it's been so abysmal recently. Abby would still get PP time too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

When you listen to every comment Babcock has made this year on his strategy with assembling lines, I would also say 0% of Abby dropping outside the top 6 as well.

He has said repeatedly having a "worker/skater" (Abby/Helm) with one of Pavel/Z has been critical in keeping Pavel and Z healthy and effective. If you listen, he puts a huge emphasis there when asked.

Aug 6, 2012
Helm - Datsyuk- Tatar
Cole/Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Cole/Abdelkader - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Smith
DeKesyer - Zidlicky
Ericsson - Quincey

I'd love to see Marchenko on the third pair but I just don't see Babs sitting E or KFQ.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Helm - Datsyuk- Tatar
Cole/Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Cole/Abdelkader - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Smith
DeKesyer - Zidlicky
Ericsson - Quincey

I'd love to see Marchenko on the third pair but I just don't see Babs sitting E or KFQ.

Can't believe I'm typing it, but I can't see any reason why you'd bench Quincey.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Babcock hates Weiss. Here is how I would have it

Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm
Abd - Zett - Cole
Nyquist - Sheahan - Pulkinnen
Weiss - Glendening - Miller

Kronwall - Marchenko
DDK - Q
E - Zidlicky

I actually do not think Babcock hates Weiss. I think Babcock just see that he easily gets injured. Last time Weiss got injured he even did not remember how it happened.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I want Zid, Q, Kronwall and DDK in the lineup.

To me that leaves Marchy, E and Smith fight for the final two spots. E has probably played the weakest of the three but is the most difficult to see out of the lineup.

I suspect Marchy loses out

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
When you listen to every comment Babcock has made this year on his strategy with assembling lines, I would also say 0% of Abby dropping outside the top 6 as well.

He has said repeatedly having a "worker/skater" (Abby/Helm) with one of Pavel/Z has been critical in keeping Pavel and Z healthy and effective. If you listen, he puts a huge emphasis there when asked.

Well with those lines, Helm/Cole would be the "workers/skaters" in the top 6.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Can't see him getting demoted in the midst of his career season though.

I agree with you that I can't see Gator being demoted, either. But if we're healthy, we do have the big bodies up front, especially after the Cole trade, to move Gator to the fourth line while still maintaining Babcock's recipe.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Can't see him getting demoted in the midst of his career season though.

Probably not. We'd have one of the best 4th lines in the league though.

You're right though, Abdelkader has been too good in the top 6 to demote him.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Cole
Nyquist-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Kronwall-Quincey
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Any two of Ericsson/Smith/Marchenko/Ouellet

Howard
Mrazek

I've given up on Franzen because I'd like him to have a nice happy retirement and be able to feed himself for many years.
Defense looks a little more suspect, but I think Quincey has been solid enough to play it safe, stay-at-home style with Kronwall against top matchups so Zid can take advantage of weaker opposition to create some goals.

:yo:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
As of today, I like the idea of

Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm
Abby-Z-Nyquist
Pulkks-Sheahan-Cole
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad