DK - Quincey
Smith - Zidlicky
Marchenko
Ouellet
Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson
Mrazek

How does this lineup matchup favorably or unfavorably against other team's lineups?

Who has the best first line?
second line?
third line?
fourth line?

first D pair?
second D pair?
third D pair?

Goalie? (Price is obvious here :))
Backup?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think I'd rather see one of Cole/ Abdelkader/ Helm/ Weiss on the 4th line before Franzen, just because their skill sets are useful up and down the line up, where as Franzen has been more of a scorer than a checker since his big breakout year. He has been aggressive for stretches since then, I'm remembering last year when he was playing C he was more engaged in a checking sense, but I think easing him back into the line up on a depth "scoring" line would be ideal.

Switch him for Weiss IMO.

to answer your question: I think Detroit has as good of a group of forwards as anyone in the league, but teams like NYR, Washington, Anaheim, Nashville have much better D than this team does.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cole
Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Helm-Weiss
Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Quincey-Marchenko

Howard

Looking doubtful Franzen comes back, but if so...

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Cole
Tatar-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Franzen-Sheahan-Helm
Miller-Glendening-Jurco/Weiss

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010
Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm
Cole - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Weiss

Kronwall - Ericsson
Dekeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko/Smith/Ouellet

Howard

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm
Cole - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Weiss

Kronwall - Ericsson
Dekeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko/Smith/Ouellet

Howard

Abdelkader...

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Cole
Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm
Nyquist - Sheahan - Weiss
Franzen - Glendenning - Miller
Jurco
Pulkinnen
Andersson

Kronwall - Ericsson
DK - Quincey
Smith - Zidlicky
Marchenko
Ouellet
Kindl

Howard
Gustavsson
Mrazek

I like your lines OP, I'm not so much a fan of loading up Z and D on the top line. Rather give the opposing coach a hard time matching up against those top 3 lines it's basically two 1st lines and a 2nd line. I don't think Mule will be back this year but Miller-Glenny-Jurco should a more than capable 4th line.

petesrw

Apr 6, 2009
Abdelkader should not be immune to being put on the fourth line just because he can score some goals next to Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

If everyone is healthy?

Tatar-Dats-Helm
Weiss-Z-Nyquist
Franzen(Jurco)-Sheahan-Cole
Abby-Glendening-Miller

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
I liked the Abby/Z/Cole line tonight, but I think I'd like to go with something like this...

Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Weiss - Sheahan - Helm
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

As for D, this would never happen, but:

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko

Switch Ericsson with Smith if we have to.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
I liked the Abby/Z/Cole line tonight, but I think I'd like to go with something like this...

Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Weiss - Sheahan - Helm

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko

Those d pairs are excellent. I 100% agree with them. Those are the best possible D combos we could ice. That defense in the playoffs wouldn't be half bad, and would actually be able to move the puck somewhat.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Weiss - Sheahan - Helm

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko

Loving these lines. Agree with the D. I'd actually rather put Kindl in over Ericsson at this point should we need to switch something up. I've lost the little faith I had left in Ericsson and believe he should be left off the team at all cost. To me he's just a big guy who isn't good at anything.

jka*

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Cole - Weiss - Helm
Tatar - Andersson - Pulkkinen
Jurco - Sheahan - Miller

Ericsson - Zidlicky
Kronwall - DeKeyser
Quincey - Smith

Gustavsson
Mrazek

This is best. Will no Zetterberg and no Howard in Play Off. And next season we trade Zetterberg for Määttä.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Everybody be cool to the guy that just suggested we not play Zetterberg in the playoffs, okay?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I think a Franzen-Sheahan-Cole line would be a dominant third line. So much size and skill compared to other third lines.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I think I'm going to go in a different direction here -

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Weiss - Sheehan - Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Helm

Kronwall - Ericsson
Dekeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko

Howard

I don't know - I'm so enamored with the idea of having a Miller - Glenny - Helmer line just absolutely wrecking house with the meanest forecheck in the league. I can only imagine how tough it would be to play against that trio.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I like our top two lines the way they are right now (Helm in for Jurco of course). If Franzen can come back later this year, I wouldn't pair him with Z unless he is on one of his crazy scoring streaks.

IMO, Jurco and E shouldn't be in the lineup if they don't improve. Both have had top line minutes yet have played like garbage. I don't like putting Gus on the third line either, but he is on a Franzen level slump. My ideal d pairs would be:

Kronner/Zid
DK/Q
Smith/March

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This guy! :laugh:

If Glendening is still in the top 6 come playoffs, things have gone to hell.

Or Luke Glendening has become one of the better stories of the last couple decades in the NHL.... I mean I doubt it, but hey he could go all Franzen for us and just start netting backhand goals with like 9 game winner March and continue right into the playoffs like boom! Years down the road people will hate him though, I wonder who we will give up to keep him on the team to uselessly float....

Luke Glendening first line superstar in waiting right Babs....

giphy.gif

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Everybody be cool to the guy that just suggested we not play Zetterberg in the playoffs, okay?

I actually think we should trade Datsyuk for backlund or ruutu, so no problem there. /s

For now, I think:

Weiss-Shea-Pulu
Ny-z-cole
Tats-d-jurco
Abby-helm-glen

Kron-zid
Dk-q
Smith-march

Last edited:

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Or Luke Glendening has become one of the better stories of the last couple decades in the NHL.... I mean I doubt it, but hey he could go all Franzen for us and just start netting backhand goals with like 9 game winner March and continue right into the playoffs like boom! Years down the road people will hate him though, I wonder who we will give up to keep him on the team to uselessly float....

My guess is we'll have to let Jurco (a.k.a. Hossa 2.0) walk.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

If we were cool with every suggestion he made... Zetterberg would be a Penguin right now for no return to the Wings and Dan Cleary would be re-signed next year.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

giphy.gif

I will never second guess Babcock again if that happens.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada

Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Weiss - Sheahan - Helm

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Zidlicky
Quincey - Marchenko

I love the lines. No way Babs uses Erricson as the 7th D though. We might see Erricson and Quincey paired together, with Marchenko sitting. I like the two righties in your D-lines though. Marchenko is ready to play now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad