Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The East fears the Rangers...and maybe the Habs/Lightning in a tier below...other than that, Islanders, Bruins, Pens, Wings all have massive holes. The Sens have played all of these teams down the stretch, and all have been massively mortal.

Rangers have the perfect combo of depth in goalie, defence and forwards...killer pp and killer pk...very few holes, if any.

Sens are more than happy to be in the discussion if we get in, but I get the sense that we are playing with house money and our eyes are firmly on the future, not on this year, given how young our team is.

Deep respect for the Rangers. I made my first trip to New York and we arrived in town when you beat the Habs. Awesome environment in front of MSG!

Good luck down the stretch guys...

Thanks for the support. Our PP has been putrid this season but hopefully it'll pick up fresh once the real season starts. Good luck to you guys except if you play us. ;)

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I want Pittsburgh without a doubt. We will put up a lot of goals against that defense had we can also lock up Crosby and Malkin, also put Nash on either one of them and we win in 4 or 5 easily.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
I want Pittsburgh without a doubt. We will put up a lot of goals against that defense had we can also lock up Crosby and Malkin, also put Nash on either one of them and we win in 4 or 5 easily.

Yes, I agree. Ehrhoff and Pouliot are questionable for the playoffs due to injuries and Letang out rest of the season. And Lundqvist is also way better than Fleury. Should be 4-0 or 4-1 if NYR vs. Pittsburgh. Anyone will have problems beating this Ranger-team in series over 7 games

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We all know what will happen. Philly will beat Ottawa in the shootout, we end up playing Boston and loose in the first round.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
We all know what will happen. Philly will beat Ottawa in the shootout, we end up playing Boston and loose in the first round.

The Bruins crapped the bed against the Panthers and I`m pretty sure they will do it agaisnt Tampa also.... it`s in their heads now

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

I hope youre not serious....

This Rangers team is deep enough to be anyone in the east.

This is not Boston of years ago

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I know the circumstances have changes quite a bit this season, but it really is typical Rangers luck that the year they are able to put it all together in the regular season and finish 1st overall, two very recently former powerhouses are struggling to make the playoffs. There is no one here who could have predicted that the Rangers would be on the home ice side of the 1-8 matchup and they'd be staring at either Boston or Pittsburgh across the way.

I guess I am just a gun shy Ranger fan at heart that is just used to losing, but it really is still scary to see those two teams as potential opponents. The Rangers really should be able to dispatch of either of them relatively quickly, but man...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I know the circumstances have changes quite a bit this season, but it really is typical Rangers luck that the year they are able to put it all together in the regular season and finish 1st overall, two very recently former powerhouses are struggling to make the playoffs. There is no one here who could have predicted that the Rangers would be on the home ice side of the 1-8 matchup and they'd be staring at either Boston or Pittsburgh across the way.

I guess I am just a gun shy Ranger fan at heart that is just used to losing, but it really is still scary to see those two teams as potential opponents. The Rangers really should be able to dispatch of either of them relatively quickly, but man...

Agreed. Tough year to finish 1st in the conference for sure. Boston is still Boston. If Tuukka gets hot, they can take out anyone. He's the 2nd best goalie in the world, if not the best goalie in the world (hard to say that isn't Price (read: Talbot) right now).

Pit the same thing. It's still Crosby, it's still Malkin. Letang being hurt will kill them, but they're still the Pens.

As always, be careful what you wish for. The Rangers will get who they'll get, and be ready to play.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I know its natural for longtime Ranger fans to feel doom is right around the corner, but these ain't the Pittsburgh or Boston teams of years ago.

WrathOfKreider

Apr 11, 2015
New York
I'm torn between wanting Detroit or Pittsburgh at this point, don't care as long as it's not Boston.

If the Senators win, Penguins win, and Detroit loses, Ottawa jumps out of the wildcard and into 3rd place in the Atlantic, Pitt takes 1st wildcard and Detroit gets 2nd to face us. This my hopeful scenario, but in reality I think we're facing the Pens in the first round, which I don't mind, I'd be surprised if the series lasts even 6 games with the way the Pens have been playing.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
So with the Sens winning, its currently going to be the Pens.

If the Pens win and the Bruins/Wings lose it would be the Wings.

If the Pens lose and Boston loses its the Pens (Wings result doesn't matter).

If the Pens lose and Bruins win it's the Bruins (Wings result doesn't matter).

I think those are the scenarios now right?

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
So with the Sens winning, its currently going to be the Pens.

If the Pens win and the Bruins/Wings lose it would be the Wings.

If the Pens lose and Boston loses its the Pens (Wings result doesn't matter).

If the Pens lose and Bruins win it's the Bruins (Wings result doesn't matter).

I think those are the scenarios now right?

You got it covered :thumbu:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
In the immortal words of Carl Spackler:

"I guess the kidding around is pretty much over"

Time to start playing for real. Bring it, every night. No bull-**** about motivation or consistency. Bring your A game or bring your golf clubs.

Nothing that has happened to this point matters.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
If I'm looking at this right, there is another scenario:

If Pens suffer an OT loss and Boston wins, they will have 97 points each and 38 ROW each.

In games between the Pens and Bruins, Bruins have 5 pts, Pens have 3 pts. Bruins get in.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If I'm looking at this right, there is another scenario:

If Pens suffer an OT loss and Boston wins, they will have 97 points each and 38 ROW each.

In games between the Pens and Bruins, Bruins have 5 pts, Pens have 3 pts. Bruins get in.

That's if the Bruins win in regulation or overtime, yes. I outlined it in the around the league thread but the Bruins actually win on points 3-2. In head to head, the team that has the extra home game gets the first one tossed from the tiebreak.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
While I have a health respect for the Sens' recent run, it would have been an interesting parallel if the Rangers played them in round 1. Sens came back from 14 points out in Feb to make the playoffs. Apparently it is the biggest gap closed since the 93-94 islanders closed a 12 point gap and the rangers beat them in the 1st round on the way to the cup.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
would love for ottawa to play montreal. They've smoked em this year, 4-1 loss but then won 4-1, 4-2, & 5-2. That's also with ottawa not on this hot run at the moment

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
When does the NHL announce the playoff schedule for the 1st round?
Do we have to wait until the end of the last game played tonight to find out the Rangers 1st round schedule? Do they announce it on the NHL TV Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad