Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
When does the NHL announce the playoff schedule for the 1st round?
Do we have to wait until the end of the last game played tonight to find out the Rangers 1st round schedule? Do they announce it on the NHL TV Network?

It will be announced shortly after they know exactly who we are playing. So by 1030-11 tonight I would suspect. It will be on NHL.com first likely.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It will be announced shortly after they know exactly who we are playing. So by 1030-11 tonight I would suspect. It will be on NHL.com first likely.

Yeah, NHL.com and the NHL network will have it. But remember there is HNL tonight at 10:30 so they will give us in depth info too.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
yeah, nhl.com and the nhl network will have it. But remember there is hnl tonight at 10:30 so they will give us in depth info too.

Anaheim plays at 9 and that's the latest game on the schedule that would impact home ice or matchups assuming Calgary loses their game so I don't see it being earlier than 11:30 tonight that the schedule's released. I could see there being leaks once the East matchups are set though.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Pittsburgh would be the least physical opponent and the best 1st round matchup for the Rangers. Isles Caps is going to be a bruising series with the a lot of nastiness almost immediately. The Caps are mentally fragile and physical game by the Isles should really throw them off. The winner of that series will be beat up no matter who comes out. If the Rangers get Pitt and can take them out quick, then the second round should be favorable as well.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I would love to face the Islanders in the second round and will root for them to defeat the Craps. The Isles are probably the weakest team in the playoffs, they just started well because Halak was hot and nobody took them seriously. Plus, it would be very good for the Rangers to not to have to travel. A quick 4-5 game series where we don't travel and all the games are at home (we'll have at least half the crowd in the Mausoleum) would be a dream come true.

Finally, defeating the Islanders would give the team a big morale boost.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Pittsburgh may be the best possible team to play, but I'll never write off a team that has Crosby and Malkin in it. If they catch fire and Fleury show up it will be hard fought. A lot of ifs and buts, BUT; everyone will be expecting us to win it, and that might suit PIT perfectly.

I fear no one, but it won't be easy - that's for sure.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
On the main boards either no one is going for us or they want us to crash and burn. So much hate. I love being the bad guys :yo:

kane_by_lu13ckysb-d4mn852.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Pittsburgh would be the least physical opponent and the best 1st round matchup for the Rangers. Isles Caps is going to be a bruising series with the a lot of nastiness almost immediately. The Caps are mentally fragile and physical game by the Isles should really throw them off. The winner of that series will be beat up no matter who comes out. If the Rangers get Pitt and can take them out quick, then the second round should be favorable as well.

Pitts may not have the talent to go far, but their two superstars can always go hot and steal a series. They should be taken extremely seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad