Post-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion Thread Round Two: Ducks vs Flames

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Mike Johnson is just soooo bad.. (paraphrasing) "The Flames gave the Ducks EVERYTHING they could handle".. No, no, no. That's something you could say about the Stars last year. Definitely not this series. Ugh.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If you think about it - again opposition pissed of Perry only to see Perry bite them in the ass afterwards :laugh:

Hope Pears will be ok :)

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
From an Oiler's fan…………thanks for the best Mother's Day present ever!

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Mike Johnson is just soooo bad.. (paraphrasing) "The Flames gave the Ducks EVERYTHING they could handle".. No, no, no. That's something you could say about the Stars last year. Definitely not this series. Ugh.

He's a Canadian blowhard. Screws things to please the Canadian audience.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I don`t know who but NBCSN broadcaster told that it`s Andersens first playoff series win :laugh:

Oct 18, 2011
sportsnet feed was hilariously awful, as the flames were getting dominated mike johnson is on there praising them for icing the puck and "staying in the game"

outshot 35-10 from the 2nd period on, but sportsnet just goes into full blown pandering mode, also tried to downplay the perry injury

awful crew

Torch

Jun 30, 2002
Visit site
Congrats on the series win from a Flames fan. I'm proud of what our team accomplished this season, but clearly the Ducks are a next level team.

I hope you guys can keep it going. If we are going to lose, I would prefer that it be to the eventual Cup champions.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I do think it's funny that in the lead up to this series that all the talk was about Hiller seeking revenge on his old team. Then he got yanked and was never heard from again.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
POWER OF BEER!!!
it can't be denied!
:laugh:

I HOPE Pears is ok. Those few days are golden to him. I mean, yeah, he came back, but he was pissed off and close to ODing on adrenalin. It might be enough to drop the mic like he did in that one game. Adrenaline alone won't carry him much further...
It looked like his knee bended the other way upon collision... they kept repeating and I couldn't watch it, begging my TV to stop the torture!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I do think it's funny that in the lead up to this series that all the talk was about Hiller seeking revenge on his old team. Then he got yanked and was never heard from again.

It was mainly from Canadian media and they were looking at every possible positive for Calgary and ussually exaggerating it by a fair margin

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Did I hear Engblom, before the game started, claim that BB almost pulled Freddie in game 4 after the short sided softy? I guess that's the same kind of thinking that gives you Sami and Clayton vs the Flames top line over and over again. :shakehead

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

Sekac looks a bit down.

Did I hear Engblom, before the game started, claim that BB almost pulled Freddie in game 4 after the short sided softy? I guess that's the same kind of thinking that gives you Sami and Clayton vs the Flames top line over and over again. :shakehead
I heard on Sportsnet feed that he would have pulled him if he had allowed another one.

EDIT: How many times can Hartley say "like"? EDIT2: Some nice words from Hartley about Ducks.

[NHL]822016[/NHL]

Last edited:

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I was hoping to see Hiller in the handshake line with some of the ducks on video. Any of that out there?

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I was hoping to see Hiller in the handshake line with some of the ducks on video. Any of that out there?

Only one I saw was this one

Was wondering who he was pointing at

My favorite moment

Last edited:

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California

Sekac looks a bit down.

I heard on Sportsnet feed that he would have pulled him if he had allowed another one.

EDIT: How many times can Hartley say "like"? EDIT2: Some nice words from Hartley about Ducks.

[NHL]822016[/NHL]

Lots of respect for Hartley. The guy really seems true blue.

Honestly, best fan experience I've ever had with an opposing fan case during the playoffs. Wish the Flames nothing but success in the future.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
Those sports net broadcasters were awful. I didnt watch their broadcasts but hearing the goal calls was absolutely atrocious. It was just so bad, bland, and terrible. "Heres Silfverberg, he scouers." I dont even know what kind of accent the guy was using. His voice sounds worse than nails on a chalkboard. I think there were at least 5 times I heard him say "he scoures" but the way he says it sounds so terrible to my ears. If I had to listen to that for a series let alone a season I would probably watch every game on mute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad