Post-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion Thread Round Two: Ducks vs Flames

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
It's worse, because their team is good, and proven, and they know it. I hate to say it but this is where Anaheim has to prove itself, sink or swim. We aren't the favorite if we make it to the WCF. I just hope I'm right and we do good so they can eat crow.

Ive seen a lot of people say things like "if the Ducks dont make it out the 2nd round, Boudreau should be fired." In my opinion this year its not about getting out the 2nd round, its not about making the finals, its about winning the cup. With the amount of talent that we have, and the absolute steals BM went out and grabbed at the deadline (not to mention Kesler), theres no reason this team shouldnt win it all. Its clear this is the year to go for it and that the cup is our only goal. Kesler said it himself, we came here to win the whole thing.

I just hope we actually do. Ive never seen a team that deserves it more than they do. And I really think were a much better team than the Hawks and any team that could come out of the East. Waiting til next week for that WCF to start will be maddening. :help:

Andersen is Gandalf?? YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!

Haha, thats perfect :laugh: . Pretty sure you could make all our players into LOTR characters. Getz as Aragorn and Perry as Legolas are locks though.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
HF Logic: "Ducks fans think their team will compete and possibly beat the Hawks? So cocky!"

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Ive seen a lot of people say things like "if the Ducks dont make it out the 2nd round, Boudreau should be fired." In my opinion this year its not about getting out the 2nd round, its not about making the finals, its about winning the cup. With the amount of talent that we have, and the absolute steals BM went out and grabbed at the deadline (not to mention Kesler), theres no reason this team shouldnt win it all. Its clear this is the year to go for it and that the cup is our only goal. Kesler said it himself, we came here to win the whole thing.

I just hope we actually do. Ive never seen a team that deserves it more than they do. And I really think were a much better team than the Hawks and any team that could come out of the East. Waiting til next week for that WCF to start will be maddening. :help:

Haha, thats perfect :laugh: . Pretty sure you could make all our players into LOTR characters. Getz as Aragorn and Perry as Legolas are locks though.
All of the final 4 teams will have come here to win the whole thing. Not sure what makes the Ducks more special. Came harder? Wholer thing?

There's no shame in getting to the final four and losing there unless you're upset. Losing to the Hawks would not be an upset. Now, if we were to make it to the next round, blow a 3-2 series lead and lose 6-2 on home ice, that's a different thing.

5goalgame

Feb 11, 2015
Anaheim
All of the final 4 teams will have come here to win the whole thing. Not sure what makes the Ducks more special. Came harder? Wholer thing?

There's no shame in getting to the final four and losing there unless you're upset. Losing to the Hawks would not be an upset. Now, if we were to make it to the next round, blow a 3-2 series lead and lose 6-2 on home ice, that's a different thing.

I think were a better team than the Hawks, and that we should win.

And if we dont win, then what the heck are we supposed to do? How much more talent can you assemble under the cap? If we cant beat an elite team now, when will we ever be able to?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think were a better team than the Hawks, and that we should win.

And if we dont win, then what the heck are we supposed to do? How much more talent can you assemble under the cap? If we cant beat an elite team now, when will we ever be able to?
When the many, many young players we have gain more experience? Like, next year for example?

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
Beer worked!

People at work are conspiring to buy all the beer in my neighborhood and gift me some wine if it's indeed Chi-Ana in WCF :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
CI you should use a lord of the rings theme for the next round. Perry can be Legolas and Getz is Aragorn. :laugh:

I have a bunch of ideas lined up and that is one of them. Tonite's, which I'm finishing atm (~90 mins, but you know how I am at guesstimating time :laugh:) will be a mix of Start Trek, Dr. Who and Warhammer 40k :D

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I have a bunch of ideas lined up and that is one of them. Tonite's, which I'm finishing atm (~90 mins, but you know how I am at guesstimating time :laugh:) will be a mix of Start Trek, Dr. Who and Warhammer 40k :D

Keep with the ducks as a Star Trek crew, it's been working so far. That said, no reason they can't visit an m-class world called middle earth...

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I haven't seen anything on Twitter. Last game was a win, so I'm assuming the lines won't change.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
everything is done except for the Ducks lines. should I roll with what I posted for last game, or did I miss an update on twitter??

No updates on twitter. But Sekac in for Jackman wouldn't surprise me much at all.

I would just go with the lines from last game though

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I haven't seen anything on Twitter. Last game was a win, so I'm assuming the lines won't change.

last thing I saw was this:

Maroon//Getzlaf//Perry
Beleskey//Kesler//Silfverberg
Fleischmann//Rakell//Cogliano
Sekac//Thompson//Jackman

Despres//Fowler
Lindholm//Beauchemin
Stoner//Vatanen

Andersen
LaBarbera

I know that's not 100% right, any corrections before I post this beast?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Palms will probably be in because he had an assist...and was playing on the 2nd line for some reason...

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Bruce will juggle the lines anyway, so don't feel pressured to get them perfect. Even if you do, you'll be wrong.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Etem would be perfect against Calgary.

Flash & Palmieri should sit (Sekac in).

Won't happen though..

1manband

Mar 28, 2008
England
No updates on twitter. But Sekac in for Jackman wouldn't surprise me much at all.

I would just go with the lines from last game though

Although he hasnt done a lot this series, I think he needs to be in there tonight to counter any stupidity Bollig might bring in an elimination game

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Palms will probably be in because he had an assist...and was playing on the 2nd line for some reason...

I think Bruce moved Silf down to make the third line playable. Kesler and beleskey kept the second line playing fine as well, so I think it was just keeping all four lines relatively playable in certain situations.

Hell, Silf went down to the fourth line for jackman at times as well, that doesn't mean he was demoted to the fourth.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad