GDT: Playoff Criticality I vs Canucks I 3-24 I 10 p.m.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Just about every NHL coach preaches a 200 foot game.
How many have a system where the defense have free reign to jump up . There’s a reason nearly every team doesn’t employ this strategy . It’s paralyses the forwards instincts . That doesn’t mean you play a reckless game as a forward , don’t get me wrong

Reactions: logan etherton

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
10pm start time, 7pm local... for some reason I feel like this Vancouver game usually starts around 4 or 6pm our time.. or at least it has the past 3 or 4 seasons

My point is, I got married last night and I'm recovering today so 10pm start is gonna be killer for me :laugh:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
It was just about a year ago that the CBJ came over for a 4:00 p.m. EST start and Thatcher Demko made his NHL debut

Anyways, I wish your team good luck in their playoff push, and I hope they make it.

Congratulations on your marriage, @CPTN71.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
10pm start time, 7pm local... for some reason I feel like this Vancouver game usually starts around 4 or 6pm our time.. or at least it has the past 3 or 4 seasons

My point is, I got married last night and I'm recovering today so 10pm start is gonna be killer for me :laugh:

right; it seems like every game we play in Vancouver is always on a saturday/sunday, before 4pm.

anyways, congrats on the marriage. hopefully the CBJ get the memo and win for y'all, but I wouldn't hold ma brefffff

Reactions: CPTN71

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Where have all the mods gone? This game needs to be "stickied" It is critical. Not the game the sticky.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
The competition here was which team, CBJ or Montreal, would lose their way out of the playoffs. It appears that the CBJ have achieved that result.

They have 2 30+ goals scorers, 6 20+ goal scorers, a 2 time Vezina winner and they will still miss. The next step is for Panarin, Bob and Duchene to walk. Then the Jackets will panic and overpay for Dzingel who will never recreate what he has done the last couple of years.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The competition here was which team, CBJ or Montreal, would lose their way out of the playoffs. It appears that the CBJ have achieved that result.

They have 2 30+ goals scorers, 6 20+ goal scorers, a 2 time Vezina winner and they will still miss. The next step is for Panarin, Bob and Duchene to walk. Then the Jackets will panic and overpay for Dzingel who will never recreate what he has done the last couple of years.

I think they’d also let Dzingel walk. We need to make room for the young guys for our mini rebuild

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
What young guys exactly? What wings do we have ready to step in full time to replace Panarin or Dzingel?

Dzingel is a run of the mill 2nd/3rd like tweeter. You can get that fairly easily.

Nobody is replacing panarin and attempting to would be a mistake (unless they were cost controlled).

Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Dubois would all need to step up and be better. They’ll be getting more minutes and need to be more reliable. When duchene walks it would make no sense to deal Wennberg, so he’d return to our top 6 and we have to hope he finds some sort of offensive spark.

We have Texier, Stenlund, Robinson, and Bemstrom, and maybe even Milano under a new coach be able to battle for roster spots as young players. We’ll probably be a really young team next year, and that’s okay, but I wouldn’t keep any of the UFAs (unless panarin had a change of heart: then I’d try to keep all of them.)

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Dzingel is a run of the mill 2nd/3rd like tweeter. You can get that fairly easily.

Nobody is replacing panarin and attempting to would be a mistake (unless they were cost controlled).

Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Dubois would all need to step up and be better. They’ll be getting more minutes and need to be more reliable. When duchene walks it would make no sense to deal Wennberg, so he’d return to our top 6 and we have to hope he finds some sort of offensive spark.

We have Texier, Stenlund, Robinson, and Bemstrom, and maybe even Milano under a new coach be able to battle for roster spots as young players. We’ll probably be a really young team next year, and that’s okay, but I wouldn’t keep any of the UFAs (unless panarin had a change of heart: then I’d try to keep all of them.)

I wouldn’t pay to watch a team as you’ve constructed, sorry.

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I wouldn’t pay to watch a team as you’ve constructed, sorry.

It’s definatly a pick as high as possible lineup. Heavily reliant on goaltending and scoring defensively. But that’s not like it’s anything abnormal from what this season has been.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It’s definatly a pick as high as possible lineup. Heavily reliant on goaltending and scoring defensively. But that’s not like it’s anything abnormal from what this season has been.

“Heavily reliant on goaltending” after letting your #1 goalie walk in UFA. Interesting strategy. Also if Milano and Wennberg are anywhere near our top 6 next year, Jarmo won’t make it to Thanksgiving

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
“Heavily reliant on goaltending” after letting your #1 goalie walk in UFA. Interesting strategy. Also if Milano and Wennberg are anywhere near our top 6 next year, Jarmo won’t make it to Thanksgiving
I’d rather Wennberg be put out to pasture. No player should be allowed a two year shit streak and continues to slate over hungry players that are ready to put points on the board that he’s costing us with his black hole offense killing lines

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

Congrats and best wishes for a long and happy union

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Winning will not be happening next year. It’s about development.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Elvis has signed and may be on the team. He looked good in the WC last year. And Wennberg shouldn’t be on this team next year, heck, he shouldn’t have been on the team this year

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Oh man that's just shitty for you guys. Canes and Habs both have a point. Just went to OT. Have to beat the f***ing Nucks tn for sure

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Three point game Montreal/Carolina.... both gain on us... It's in OT...

The odds of us making the playoffs is getting worse every day..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad