GDT: Playoff Criticality I vs Canucks I 3-24 I 10 p.m.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
Odds are clearly going to nose dive if we lose and the Canadiens win tonight. We have reached a breaking point in our chase for a playoff spot.

Sergei is looking like a no go. Either way, if we don't score, we will lose. At least go down swinging boys!

Reactions: Frenchy

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Odds have already nose dove (less than 40%). Playoffs are shot unless they win out (ya know, that streak I mentioned about a month ago?)

Either way, play korpisalo and ride out the season. Maybe let Bob play the last home game as a last send off, but korpi needs to experience.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'll be watching, but won't be cheering unless they give me a reason to.
That being said, still wearing my CBJ stuff to my hockey this morning, still have to show my support.

One more thing: if Bob doesn't go, I say play Kinkaid...what do we have to lose?

Reactions: cslebn

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Is "the nick" worse than suggested? If Bob is out too long its AMFs.

Lose tonight and CBJ will be 3 pts out of a 4 game schmeising at the hands of TB. Do we really care?
Look at how much the last two years of playoff experience has molded the character of this team. A third year would definitely go a long way to offset the impending departures of B&B.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'll be watching, but won't be cheering unless they give me a reason to.
That being said, still wearing my CBJ stuff to my hockey this morning, still have to show my support.

One more thing: if Bob doesn't go, I say play Kinkaid...what do we have to lose?
the season...

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I'm sure Anderson will be flying around trying to make things happen....would be nice if his teammates followed suit.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Leafs fan in peace. In finals of Fantasy Hockey and i NEED!!!! Bob to start lol.

Also the Blue Jackets are -160 @ Vancouver (good odds). I like your chances boys and girls so keep cheering cause f*** Montreal.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm sure whatever is going on at home must be serious, otherwise he'd be there. Need Cam, Boone, Jones, Andy and Duchene to step up in his absence and lead.
I wish it hadn't taken over a week for the other leaders in the room to step up but it seems like Seth Jones is finally stepping up his his absence. The response tonight should be a key indicator if he is ready to be the next C in a couple of years.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I wish it hadn't taken over a week for the other leaders in the room to step up but it seems like Seth Jones is finally stepping up his his absence. The response tonight should be a key indicator if he is ready to be the next C in a couple of years.
Absolutely agree....big opportunity for Jones. Also, I've been impressed with Duchene's willingness to speak frankly with the media after these tough losses....the guy seems invested.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I don't think I'm willing to invest any of my time watching a team that doesn't have any faith it itself, as admitted by Duchene after the most recent game.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Odds have already nose dove (less than 40%). Playoffs are shot unless they win out (ya know, that streak I mentioned about a month ago?)

Either way, play korpisalo and ride out the season. Maybe let Bob play the last home game as a last send off, but korpi needs to experience.

1) You’ve been mentioning “the streak” for the past month, before this nosedive. Basically since the TDL. You don’t get credit for claiming we needed one when we didn’t. We’re 5-7-1 since the TDL. If we had gone only 8-5-0, we’d be in WC1. If we had gone only 9-4-0 (winning one of the two losses against the Pens and beating the Isles), we’d be second in the Metro. If we had gone 10-2-1 (no 10-game point/6-game winning streak required), we’d be FIRST in the Metro. You were wrong then. And, in fact...

2) You’re still wrong now. Despite our horrendous play the last month, we still don’t need that 10-game point streak you said we did (which is of course impossible now) or 8-game winning streak (“unless they win out”) or 6-game winning streak (which you’ve claimed in the past). A 6-1-1 finish like this and we’re virtually guaranteed to make the playoffs.

W
W
W (in regulation)
L
W
OTL
W
W

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Let’s pretend the game isn’t critical, then the team might actually play. Can’t believe they cited pressure as reason for the fold. Our expectations at the beginning of the season were to get out of the first round. Now getting into third or even fourth is too much? Bah.

Will have to record game. Get to watch first 30 mins before going to work (joy). Hopefully those of you who stay up are rewarded

Reactions: ReggieRed

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Honestly, you cannot name 5 teams in the league playing worse than the CBJ right now. Ottawa, who gave their 3 franchise players to us and Vegas, just went into Edmonton and won 4-3.

To think we are still dreaming of "playoffs" at this point is beyond delusional. Even a miracle run at this point would do nothing more than serve us up a humiliating 4-game Tampa sweep by a 23-5 aggregate.

Let's face it; we needed a little success on this 4-game road trip and MTL and CAR to lose big. The exact opposite has happened, and for all intents and purposes, the season effectively ended in the third period on 3/21 at Rogers Place.

Take your last paycheck and find a way to get Vancouver +140 tonight.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1) You’ve been mentioning “the streak” for the past month, before this nosedive. Basically since the TDL. You don’t get credit for claiming we needed one when we didn’t. We’re 5-7-1 since the TDL. If we had gone only 8-5-0, we’d be in WC1. If we had gone only 9-4-0 (winning one of the two losses against the Pens and beating the Isles), we’d be second in the Metro. If we had gone 10-2-1 (no 10-game point/6-game winning streak required), we’d be FIRST in the Metro. You were wrong then. And, in fact...

2) You’re still wrong now. Despite our horrendous play the last month, we still don’t need that 10-game point streak you said we did (which is of course impossible now) or 8-game winning streak (“unless they win out”) or 6-game winning streak (which you’ve claimed in the past). A 6-1-1 finish like this and we’re virtually guaranteed to make the playoffs.

W
W
W (in regulation)
L
W
OTL
W
W

It appears to me that you just made my point

Reactions: Cowumbus

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I keep waiting for this team to put it all together and start scoring in bunches, but outside of one blip, it never happens.

Reactions: CPTN71

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I
I keep waiting for this team to put it all together and start scoring in bunches, but outside of one blip, it never happens.
When your forwards can’t drive the net , because they are constantly faced with the responsibility to start skating backward and play defense , covering for the roving defenseman , pretty easy to see why the group struggles to score goals for long periods of time . Happened last year for 40 game stretch , and repeating this year . They inflate the offensive numbers playing a loose roving system for a good part of the beginning of the season , and both goalies have a 3 gaa , so then they start focus on playing a tight checking defensive system , and struggle to score . Torts needs canned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad