Playoff Avatars?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Something about the board's propensity for carnage after a single loss? A player's statline or achievement in one frame, a frame with an L in it, then a picture of the player on the ice or failing somehow?
I read that as falling and thought, well we've got plenty of shots from the outdoor game and Mikko...lots, and lots of Mikko.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That smirking picture of Sakic with GM OF THE YEAR
Then a picture of Nemeth and Soderberg with DEADLINE DAY WINNERS
Then a picture of Sakic faceplanting the boards or something

You know it works

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Here's a zip file with all the logos, photos and GIMP progress files I used when making the Ambulanche picture. I'm as green as can be when it comes to photo shopping and just use the free editor GIMP. I'm sure someone well versed in the skill can actually make it good.

Attachments

• Ambulanche phtoshop edit work file.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 9

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
For the record, I like the Ambulanche idea. It definitely fits the narrative for our season (and what seems like every season).

However, an alternative idea: since this is likely our only season in the West/Pacific division for a long time, we could go with a WestWorld or Wild West theme.

Reactions: wayninja

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
For the record, I like the Ambulanche idea. It definitely fits the narrative for our season (and what seems like every season).

However, an alternative idea: since this is likely our only season in the West/Pacific division for a long time, we could go with a WestWorld or Wild West theme.

Maybe something that highlight our winning record against every. single. divisional opponent.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hell, I'd go back to those spiced eyes dune themes we did back in the day. I think I had Bob Boughner...*LOL*. But just saying, the new Dune movie is supposed to be out soonish. I'm pumped.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
We do this but instead of the car we put the logo of the team we’re beating:

https://imgur.com/L2dmF8y.jpg

I still like this idea. Something that highlights the fact that we're the Big Bad now. The ambulance stuff works better for an underdog team - "we'd have a better record if we didn't have so many injuries". I'd rather portray that we're a f***ing force of nature and our opponents are our victims, not our rivals.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I still like this idea. Something that highlights the fact that we're the Big Bad now. The ambulance stuff works better for an underdog team - we'd have a better record if we didn't have so many injuries. I'd rather portray that we're a f***ing force of nature and our opponents are our victims, not our rivals.
You know. Sometimes I approve of the way you think.

Reactions: MarkT

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

What about a "Fastest draw in the West" type thing, where it's always "---st --- in the West"?

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
animation one: "Inflationalanche"
animation two: Photo of Nathan MacKinnon
animation three: "304 total shots at Pepsi Center, 41 total shots at away venues"

Reactions: S E P H

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I like seph's idea of Moser Bingo, accompanied by this picture:

cut.jpg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I will not participate in Moser related avatars
Even if they're making fun of him?

Honestly, I don't really care. I still kind of like the Ambulanche idea, because it's got an element of humility and self-deprecation to it that I like, but Avis are the least of my worries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad