Playoff Avatars??

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Not a fan of a direct Covid theme. Too obvious, and there's also the shitload of grusome deaths. Wouldn't wanna rub it in face of anyone losing loved ones and trying to find a momentary distraction in playoff hockey.
I feel this. A member of the flyers board recently passed of covid. It would be weird if we wound up playing them all sporting Covid sponsored avatars.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I guess this isn’t something that would relate to y’all in the US but in Canada because so many people have been laid off or out on temporary leave due to COVID affecting businesses the government set up a relief system to give those laid off workers some monthly financial assistance and called it CERB (Canadian emergency response benefit).

So something around ‘Storm CERB’ would be kind of catchy and combine something that is Canes specific while also playing off the fact that all the games are happening up in Canada.

‘GET READY FOR A STORM CERB CANADA!’

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I would probably rock an Aho super saiyan type avi for the playoffs, if one were to undertake such an endeavor

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
lots of good ideas and I agree that Covid could be a risky theme, dark humor aside.

if we are going with the biggest 'theme/event' of our season as we did last year---which is not a given--I'd lean toward the EMERGENCY BACKUP theme. I don't know if that would mean coming up with a bunch of 'emergencies' (e.g. afraid to play in the playoffs, Hamilton down, can't beat the rangers, skjei can't play d etc) followed by a pic of Ayres or what. but just another suggestion. ::shrug::

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Discarded Canes rule suggestions for 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs:

- Canes should be allowed to win in two.

- Bruins shouldn't be allowed.

- NHL dmen above the amount of six shouldn't count against cap

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I would put avatars aimed at Rangers right now with stuff like DeAngelo, Canes being afraid and that goal line photo for now...

... and in case we move to 2nd round I’d switch to stuff related to the 1st round opponent.

Thanks to the overall snark from the series thread there is lot of potential material too.
Basically anything EdJovanovski or New York Rebuild said.

That being said, I am just pitching stuff. I don’t change avatars.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Given the dominance of the top line in the play-in round, maybe focus on the SAT line? And something about being smart?

"Aho #20 - Smart enough to sign an offer sheet"

"Svech #37 - Smart enough to play lacrosse"

"Carolina Hurricanes - Smart enough to vote against this format"

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I've only played it once and it was fun, but all I can really think of when I think about it is that the planet Picard lives on in The Inner Light was called Kataan

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
just a few gif ideas.
-Aho walking Tony Deangelo
-Svech Lacrosse Goal x2
-Dougie Mutombo clip in florida game
-Dougie scoring from center ice in oilers game
-Dougie pointing to scoreboard in penalty box
-Reimer paddle save
-Any of the "new" storm surges
will add more as i think of them.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Was it this year or last with the Halloween storm surge and dougie got the candy? His face was priceless would be a great gif

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Given the dominance of the top line in the play-in round, maybe focus on the SAT line? And something about being smart?

"Aho #20 - Smart enough to sign an offer sheet"

"Svech #37 - Smart enough to play lacrosse"

"Carolina Hurricanes - Smart enough to vote against this format"

Oh my God, it just hit me:

Smartinook.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
get your playoff avatar from last year, copy it, put the two copies side by side into one avatar. back to back for the first time in 18 years.

Still Jerks? (Back 2 Back playoffs?) That could be simple and fun and “beating toronto with their own EBUG could be one).

we’ve got a lot options, enough for a poll soon anyway. Im just so psyched we are here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad