Proposal: Playoff avatars

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
If it wasn't in French we could have done something with the CAQ's awful slogan:

All star goaltending: on se donne Price
Defend the deficit: on se donne THerrien
Best suits in the league: on se donne Bergevin

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The vote idea was OK, but it's somewhat limited to Quebec and other teams might not get it. MiG's idea would really troll hard since every one whines about the refs and Montreal typical stuff, and even more if everyone uses the same avatar.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The elections will end before the playoffs start so I doubt it's a good idea that'll last.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
The vote idea was OK, but it's somewhat limited to Quebec and other teams might not get it. MiG's idea would really troll hard since every one whines about the refs and Montreal typical stuff, and even more if everyone uses the same avatar.

Trolling is so 2010.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
ROVPFrS.gif

Thisssssssssssss :handclap::handclap:

----

or we could do something with Typical Montreal.

Example, Frame 1: Late PP Frame 2: Typical MTL

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Just throwing this into the mix...

We can go with the 'typical' theme and the 'ref bribing' could be one of them. Since we overused (IMHO) some negativity in the past for our avatars, why not play it in a more positive tone:

"Late PP for the Habs: typical"
"Subban wins Norris: typical"
"Pacioretty scores 35: typical"
"Prust fights anybody: typical"
"Tinordi will be a star: typical"

...you get the idea.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Just throwing this into the mix...

We can go with the 'typical' theme and the 'ref bribing' could be one of them. Since we overused (IMHO) some negativity in the past for our avatars, why not play it in a more positive tone:

"Late PP for the Habs: typical"
"Subban wins Norris: typical"
"Pacioretty scores 35: typical"
"Prust fights anybody: typical"
"Tinordi will be a star: typical"

...you get the idea.

Lol I literally just said the same thing right above you :laugh:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Delay of game penalty, typical MTL

Goalie goes out of his net to cover puck, penalty, typical MTL

Sounds familiar doesn't it ;)

Lot of trolling possibilities

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Delay of game penalty, typical MTL

Goalie goes out of his net to cover puck, penalty, typical MTL

Sounds familiar doesn't it ;)

Lot of trolling possibilities

I like the "Typical Montreal" idea, but not for it's trolling potential.

I like when the theme is positive and makes it sound like we actually believe in this team and that we cheer for it. "Expect the unexpected" turned out to be a classic for that specific reason.

The "typical" theme can be used that way, like Roy Munson shows, but I fear we'll see much more trolling and cynicism (like a picture of Weaver with trade for a smurf, typical Montreal or 4th liner on the PP, typical Montreal).

So anyway, I'll just throw it here : with the Vanek acquisition, what about a "everything is happening" theme? It opens up a variety of possibilities (serious or funny) and is a direct reference to our rivalry against the Bruins in the playoffs.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Iff we do bribe the refs I'll share the credit with MIG. Also it's funny because I've never had an avatar and probably never will because of infractions

Saintpatrick*

:laugh: just saw that! I obviously didn't read the most recent posts before posting...

I suggested the same thing on page 3 only had a dyslectic moment :laugh: I think the Montreal typical has alot of possibilities.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Where did 'Montreal typical' even come from? Also, shouldn't it be 'Typical Montreal'?

I'm confused.

Might start photoshopping some ideas tonight. "Vote ___" and "Typical" will be the two I work on I think.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
The election will be over when the playoffs will start so I dont think this should be our main theme and fans of other teams are not aware that we are in election.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I don't think it matters if Quebec is in an election or if other fans know it is. Elections are universal and constantly happening and the theme will be understood IMO. Could also refer to the countless polls on this board.

PricePkPatch*

Meh. I don't know. I feel like the electoral thingy will be old by then, and we will have many people bitter about the results, whatever it might end up being.

"Typical Montreal" sounds like a funny thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad