Playoff Avatars (Requests Being Fulfilled on Post #107 and #194)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Which one? I can do it for you quickly.

"There's something special here and it all started and really ended with him."

Thanks man. Also, am I doing something wrong to get it animated? I saved the .gif down and uploaded it. When I tried just using the URL it told me it was too large.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
"There's something special here and it all started and really ended with him."

Thanks man. Also, am I doing something wrong to get it animated? I saved the .gif down and uploaded it. When I tried just using the URL it told me it was too large.

3509ehe.gif

I'll just put it as your avatar for you.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Hey HC, not sure if mine got missed. Post 204. I'd appreciate it if you can get this one done for me. Thanks in advance bud.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
HC if its not too much to ask, I'd like one as well.

Ed-Snider-Len-Redkoles.jpg

Quote - "Although we will be playing with a heavy heart there's nothing we'd want more than to win him another Stanley Cup." - Wayne Simmonds

gettyimages-501810646-e1450408324286.jpg

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Don't post much. Just read much.
Mr. Snider has created one of the greatest communities in all of professional sports, and it's great to see this thread, as well as the thread on the main board, receive so much notoriety for all the hard work every past and present employee has put into the organization and for the entire city of Philadelphia; all made possible by Mr. Snider, Mr. Flyer. So much respect, it is not easy to put into words. The city of Philadelphia will never forget everything Mr. Snider did for us.

You guys are real class acts. This thread makes me happy and I love that you all are devoting your playoff avatars to Mr. Snider (as small and trivial as it is , it is still something awesomely respectful to recognize). I would love to see the Flyers make some ripples and splashes this year, but I do not expect much. With the intensity our team played with the past few months, I hope they still have something left in the tank to dial it up another notch or two here against the Caps, all in honor of Mr. Snider. What a motivation to play for. And Lauren Hart, what a doll.

Are any of you able to imagine what Philadelphia would be like without hockey? Because I cannot, nor do I wish to theorize. I've lived in the city for 12 years now (moved here when I was 18, for college), and if Mr. Snider never brought this wonderful game to our city, then something I do not wish to think about, even to the slightest degree, is what kind of person I would be if I were instead a Pens or Isles or Caps or Rangers fan, or, if I would even be a fan of the sport?!

Lets Go Flyers!

Girouxtiful

Jul 17, 2012
Hey HC - thanks a ton for doing this, super awesome. If you have time for another...

27c4f7b.jpg

With this quote (if there's room)

"He would do anything and spend any amount to try to win a Stanley Cup and bring the Stanley Cup back to Philadelphia."

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Am I crazy?

I can't get the avatar HC made to move. It's just stuck on the "For Mr. snider"

What am I doing wrong here, folks?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
When you get a chance...

This picture of Snider & Hexy:
http://media.philly.com/images/800*533/122314-600-ed-snider-ron-hextall.jpg

With this quote:

There’s something special here and it all started and really ended with him.
-Ron Hextall

With this picture of Hexy:

ronhextall.jpg

I think my post was missed, but I'm going to change it slightly anyway.

Now want this pick of Snider:

B9321709356Z.1_20160411080713_000_G25DVPAKT.1-0.jpg

With this quote, edited if necessary (maybe dump either the 2nd or the 3rd sentence):

He was in a lot of pain. He got up and was high fiving. The fourth goal he got up out of his seat.

That’s something I’ll never forget.
-Ron Hextall

With the same pick of Hexy:

ronhextall.jpg

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
MSE, totally stole my quote :laugh:

Stolen is such a harsh term, I prefer pilfered. :sarcasm:

If you want it, we can switch. Or how about these?

"Without Mr. Snider, there would be no Flyers, " Luke Schenn.

Simply “Call me Ed."

How about a photo of the Spectrum or Wells with a phrase "The House That Snider Built"?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stolen is such a harsh term, I prefer pilfered. :sarcasm:

If you want it, we can switch. Or how about these?

"Without Mr. Snider, there would be no Flyers, " Luke Schenn.

Simply “Call me Ed."

How about a photo of the Spectrum or Wells with a phrase "The House That Snider Built"?

Nah, you had it first. I was actually thinking about that Luke Schenn quote, as it'd would cover both teams in the playoffs for me

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think my post was missed, but I'm going to change it slightly anyway.

Now want this pick of Snider:

With this quote, edited if necessary (maybe dump either the 2nd or the 3rd sentence):

He was in a lot of pain. He got up and was high fiving. The fourth goal he got up out of his seat.

That’s something I’ll never forget.
-Ron Hextall

With the same pick of Hexy:

Your original request is in post #194.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad