Playoff Avatars (Requests Being Fulfilled on Post #107 and #194)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I think we should do a Ghost theme. He turned our season around. I don't really have a specific theme in mind just Ghost.

Or maybe something about No Expectations, Just happy to be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Something with "nobody has seen us rise in the standings" and Ghost. Like, "we Ghostly made it"... I don't know if that sentence has sense in English.

Maybe someone who's mother tongue is English can find a funny one with the fact that nobody saw us rise and Ghost.

Like "Didn't see us get in the playoffs? GHOST"

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Found this just looking around on the net:

12ac1df0-e822-11e5-a424-b91fcd0d863c_CdId7Z9UUAENLOa.jpg

Maybe do something with every player where their name would be and you can put whatever you want. Like Ghost Bear. Simmonds could have the Wayne train. Mason could be Stone Cold. Gagner could be 1st timer. Just an idea.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Found this just looking around on the net:

12ac1df0-e822-11e5-a424-b91fcd0d863c_CdId7Z9UUAENLOa.jpg

Maybe do something with every player where their name would be and you can put whatever you want. Like Ghost Bear. Simmonds could have the Wayne train. Mason could be Stone Cold. Gagner could be 1st timer. Just an idea.

Voracek could have his smashed Ferrari haha

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
What about doing something like Attack Ads?

<Colored picture of Ovi>

We know he scores goals but...

<Grey picture of Ovi>

Does he Defense?

<Flyers Logo on Orange Back Drop>

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I think we should do a Ghost theme. He turned our season around. I don't really have a specific theme in mind just Ghost.

Or maybe something about No Expectations, Just happy to be here.

Rush: Ghost of a chance. Dunno how to go with it, just feels right - Ghost of a chance.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Or since we are playing the Caps we can throw it back to Megadeth Security comments the Capitals Beat writers said about us in 2008.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i said back when jake did that intermission interview where he said '**** happens' bc that's basically what just happened, what the hell are we doing here

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
How about Ghost Bear used for an equalizer.

"President trophy Cap?"
Ghost bear!!

With emojis going through.

I'm lit as **** at xfinuty right now...

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
A GIF of celebration Simmonds whacking at a Ghost piñata that drops miniature Stanley Cups

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm fine with majority of the ideas on this page. As long as I can get one, I've been avatar-less since the last time we were in the playoffs :laugh:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It shouldn't be just about one player IMO. Ghost is great and he made a huge difference, but they made the playoffs as a team.

sOILing McSelf

Aug 18, 2011
Oilers fan coming in peace.

I'd like to jump on the Flyers bandwagon for the playoffs (I almost forgot how to spell that it's been so long)

Whatever you guys/gals choose as a theme, is it possible to make one that references Nick Schultz for me? If that doesn't go with your theme, a Gagner one would be fine with me too. Schultz is a relative of my wife and Gags was one of my favorite Oilers when he was here.

The next challenge will be figuring out how to put the avatar onto my account (I'm more of a lurker as you can tell by my post count/join date). Thanks! And congrats on making it to the playoffs! One of these decades the Oil will figure out how to do that too.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
This is sorta what I had in mind when I said "Ghost of a chance." It isn't just about Shayne, but obviously it doesn't work as well if he's not here. There was a ghost of a chance they'd make the playoffs a while ago, there's a ghost of a chance they beat the Caps, ghost of a chance to win it all, etc.

gavatar1_zpsxsvld8jj.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad