Playoff Avatars Now Available in Post #161. Come claim them.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
So...

Heading into Game 65, the Hawks sit with an 8-point playoffs spot cushion.

This means it is time to start thinking about an avatar theme for the 2015 playoffs.

So far some suggestions to come up in various threads or that I am inventing at this very moment are:

1. Best Bandwagon 8 Years Running
e.g. "Remember when the Blackhawks had the longest Stanley Cup drought in the NHL? Neither do we!" "Fan for life since 6/9/2010!" Etc.

2. Something around Ron Swanson
Ron%2520Swanson%2520America.jpg

See this GDT:
e.g. Don't half-ass special teams. Whole-ass the penalty kill.

3. Something around Kane's playoff mullet and the idea of winning so Kane's mullet can play again

4. Some take off of the "What's Your Goal" theme

Feel free to offer up other suggestions if you have them!!! And weigh in on what you think of these and other suggested ideas.

Last edited:

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I still vote for a theme based around "x" player is only good because of player "y,z,etc.."

member 151739

Whatever we decide on, I'm not creating the avatars. Not because I don't want to, but because I did it last season and we lost.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
I think we should either do a Purge theme or a Chicken Little "The cap is falling" theme as a big **** YOU to all the fans of other teams hoping this is the last year they will have to watch the Hawks kick their teams ass.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Put different Hawks in cross hairs (Bickell, Sharp, Crawford, anyone) then "you got capped"... "2015 playoffs: the hawks last stand".

I like the bandwagon one too.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
I think the Penguins have already done the bandwagon idea, and the Blues did something around Ron Swanson.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think the Penguins have already done the bandwagon idea, and the Blues did something around Ron Swanson.

Simpsons did it.

.... and what's more bandwagony than doing something that someone else did but not realize it because you weren't a fan when they did it? :naughty:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Toews is good... because Kane is good...because Hossa's good... because Keith is good... because Seabrook is good... because Crawford is good... because Hjalmarsson is good...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For the record, here's the list I've come up with previously:

"Remember when the Blackhawks had the longest Stanley Cup drought in the NHL? Neither do we!"

"Fan for life since 6/9/2010!"

"Chicago Blackhawks: .... what do you mean, 'Some teams don't make the playoffs?'"

"Chicago Blackhawks: It's pronounced 'Toes.'"

"Chicago Blackhawks: Sorry for the late check, Gary."

"Toews is only good because he's on the same team as Kane."

"Kane is only good because he's on the same team as Toews."

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
I'll probably be able to help create avys this year. I'm a firm believer in the KISS system. But if we pick something crazy, I'll roll with it.

Speaking of which do people want a relaunch of avy's like mine?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad