Playoff Avatar Ideas

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If I had any kind of shop skills I'd try to create a stamp effect to end up with something like this

Attachments

• 9389.jpg
    9389.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 8

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
_________ was a great Caniac

I'm sure there were other great Caniacs historically beyond Jacques Cousteau. I think Lincoln ended the Gettysburg Address with an airhorn and a "Let's Go Canes!"
I heard Cincinnatus left his field to go watch playoffs and when they were done sixteen days later he returned to continue his plowing.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
On the technical side, gifs are using up some bytes and unlike jpg aren't compressed, so the forum file size limit will be causing problems.

The color palette is the killer; you have to cut it down to 32 colors maybe, but that will make pre-existing images ugly.

It helps if slide 2 (for example) is transparent and re-uses the color showing in slide 1 underneath it (around the border areas).

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
A few ideas off the top of my head...

1. Party like it’s 2009 - we all pick a player/coach/gm/reporter/person/whoever from the 2009 run and make avatars with them

2. The Jerk - Everyone picks an iconic scene/pic from the Steve Martin classic ‘The Jerk’

3. Sour Grapes - We all find ridiculous pics of Don Cherry being an asshat and photoshop him wearing the canes logo on him somewhere

4. 40 year old virgin - 10 year old virgin has kind of a weird ring to it but this is like it’s the first time all over again. Avatars based on the classic Judd Apatow film.

5. Holyfield vs. Flair - A heavy weight tilt for the ages. Pick one of these guys to ride into the playoffs

6. Playoffs? - Avatars based off the famous Jim Mora press conference rant

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad