Playoff Avatar Ideas (photoshoppers needed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
170526-Chris-Kunitz_1920x1080_954087491889.jpg

Maybe put some type of writing on top or bottom, like a meme.

Peep Brassgod

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I like the villains idea, with either a quote or just a picture and “is a Pens fan,” or 3 Petes/Peters. Although we could use villains any year, so I feel like this year’s should have to do with 3...

If it’s not 3 Petes/Peters or trios, I say we shouldn’t actually put “threepeat” in the avatar (knocking on wood, and all that)...instead we could have the 93 isles logo in the last frame and/or make the last frame 3D-ish like above. We would know why it’s like that without necessarily rubbing it in ;)

PS— was the good idea from earlier in the season something to do with iPads? I remember seeing someone mention that while lurking, and I think it was because Sid (and the team in general) started playing better once they got the iPads, and Sid was always looking at it on the bench…

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We should have a mocking underdogs one. Since as back to back Champs we don't even have the best odds. It'd annoy the others.

That's all that matters to me.

Reactions: Ignatius

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) 93 Isles is seriously hilarious if put together properly. But how do we mix it with giving our sarcasm, too?

2) Villains is fun but it won't get us the heat we want. If we are going all-in villains, we can do it better than that. I'd rather just go with a "fixed" theme like Jaded said.

Very important - we definitely need some photoshop help. I haven't tested this version's ability for gif avatars. I don't even know avatar sizing. But if you can help out with the photoshop, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
D3827233-E322-47C7-9A1D-F14409661EE6.jpeg

Just something I made in one minute. Obviously doesn’t look very good but whatever :laugh:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
We should have a mocking underdogs one. Since as back to back Champs we don't even have the best odds. It'd annoy the others.

That's all that matters to me.

I don't dislike him at all, but maybe one mocking McDavid to trigger Oiler fans.

Every player considered #97, and with their name altered to mock the whole "McJesus" thing ("BrassJesus" for Brassard, "EvJesus" for Malkin, etc.)

It's a bad idea, and I'm fully aware of this, but I think I just have a bug up my a** about the Oilers right now.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
1) 93 Isles is seriously hilarious if put together properly. But how do we mix it with giving our sarcasm, too?

2) Villains is fun but it won't get us the heat we want. If we are going all-in villains, we can do it better than that. I'd rather just go with a "fixed" theme like Jaded said.

Very important - we definitely need some photoshop help. I haven't tested this version's ability for gif avatars. I don't even know avatar sizing. But if you can help out with the photoshop, it'd be greatly appreciated.
I asked about this the other day. Per Sniper ...
The software will downscale any graphic to 96 x 96 regardless of the dimension you upload.
File size is quite a bit bigger though ... Moderator/Golden Parachute/Sponsor is 102KB and the limit for Regular Posters is 51KB.
I haven't played around with it yet. He also said if it can't downscale it should throw an error message. Basically, less real estate but more content, or, if you prefer, think of it as less space for text but more frames and/or colors.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I don't dislike him at all, but maybe one mocking McDavid to trigger Oiler fans.

Every player considered #97, and with their name altered to mock the whole "McJesus" thing ("BrassJesus" for Brassard, "EvJesus" for Malkin, etc.)

It's a bad idea, and I'm fully aware of this, but I think I just have a bug up my a** about the Oilers right now.

It's a decent idea. That fanbase and team deserve all the ridicule they get. Biggest joke on ice IMO.

Remember last summer when McDavid "was better than anyone except Gretzky. And yes even Lemieux.."

:shakehead

The trouble is we (or anyone...lol) won't be facing them in the playoffs again this year so, it'd look kinda weird.

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
or just photoshop pens faces into scenes of 2 broke girls, or breaking bad

im gonna make a 2-broke girls theme, have it say 3 - straight cups

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I asked about this the other day. Per Sniper ...
The software will downscale any graphic to 96 x 96 regardless of the dimension you upload.
File size is quite a bit bigger though ... Moderator/Golden Parachute/Sponsor is 102KB and the limit for Regular Posters is 51KB.
I haven't played around with it yet. He also said if it can't downscale it should throw an error message. Basically, less real estate but more content, or, if you prefer, think of it as less space for text but more frames and/or colors.

96x96... damn. That sucks. It was 150x150 for mods/sponsors and 125x125 for regular. That changes a lot with verbiage we may/may not want to put on the avatar.

So we may want to keep that in mind. For example - our great day for hockey quotes would be too big. :laugh:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just an idea I had, not sure what to do with it though, but something around the Count from Sesame Street counting to 3 for our threepeat?

7rf7WyM.jpg

Rough idea I made. Idk. Someone more creative can run with it if they want :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad