Sep 1, 2007
A poutine delivery theme? :dunno:

7q64w.gif

7q653.gif

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
I for one, really like the collective creative process. I suggest we let it flow a few more days, to see what comes up...

The vote for and referee fund are really good ideas. Montreal Typical is interesting too but needs a visual other than laviolette...

What about something about the language situation in Montreal...

Something like :

Panel 1 (fixed) : "Habs word of the day" or "Marc my words (feat. Marc Bergevin)"
Panel 2a (customized) : "Plekasex", "Bork", "Emelinized", etc. with visual
Panel 2b (customized) : Definition of above word
Panel 3 (fixed) : "Speak Habs" engraved on a Stanley cup

Still halfbaked like my "ba dum tss" idea, but like I said, It's a process...;)

EDIT : "Poutine" is a great idea too.

Saintpatrick*

I like the Montreal typical thing too, quite a lot actually. It could easily be combined with both the diving idea and the buying the refs one.

Something like that but less ****** :

xgmujo.gif

Yes ty that's an awesome idea :handclap:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The vote for and referee fund are really good ideas. Montreal Typical is interesting too but needs a visual other than laviolette...

Also a good point. It's nice to contribute, but please try thinking a little more at a 'general' level. Laviolette has nothing to do on a Habs avatar, unless it's a very specific thing.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Also, to anybody suggesting 2 slides ideas: at least one of these has to be almost the same for everyone.

With 3 slides it's a little more loose, but even then, the design should be very similar for at least two of the slides.

Hence, that's why Laviolette or a Habs drawing a penalty are hard to put in a template.

Just try to think of the general case whereas your avatar will be the specific case. I have a feeling that a lot of you just post what you would like for your avatar.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
You see my friends, tonight's game versus the Bruins is why a buy the refs theme doesn't fit...Boston has gotten all the breaks...

nodice

Registered Lurker
Feb 3, 2009
Vancouver
Hey gang,
I haven't gotten into the playoff avatars in previous years because I am a forum lurker (everyday for 5 years) but I rarely post. Thought I would try my hand at a theme: STAY THIRSTY.

21e2808.jpg

I think it allows for a lot of different, unique approaches, like photoshopping beers into players hands, cartman licking tears off kessel's face, ottawa players lost in the desert and of course, water bottle malfunctions... but all with the undertone of thirsting to drink from Lord Stanley's cup.

some examples i whipped up:

ru5tsg.gif

2r594x4.gif

I am VERY open to any suggestions for tweeks, ect. Looking forward to all of your feedback!

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Hey gang,
I haven't gotten into the playoff avatars in previous years because I am a forum lurker (everyday for 5 years) but I rarely post. Thought I would try my hand at a theme: STAY THIRSTY.

21e2808.jpg

I think it allows for a lot of different, unique approaches, like photoshopping beers into players hands, cartman licking tears off kessel's face, ottawa players lost in the desert and of course, water bottle malfunctions... but all with the undertone of thirsting to drink from Lord Stanley's cup.

some examples i whipped up:

ru5tsg.gif

2r594x4.gif

I am VERY open to any suggestions for tweeks, ect. Looking forward to all of your feedback!

not bad, not bad at all

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Can someone make me one that says:

:habs aracter

and then flash to another page with a pictures of gorges:

here we go red!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
'Stay thirsty' is a fun theme, will admit.

And sorry if I came off angry in that other post or whatever, I'm not, just want a decision to be made! hah.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Wow, the 'stay thirsty' one looks good. Exactly the kind of suggestion we need. Good work, sir! :handclap:

So the top contenders so far would be, in no specific order:

-Vote for (original design, would visually stand out)
-Montreal typical (very catchy, needs a better template)
-Referees (hilarious, still don't see how it's a template and not just a specific avy)
-Stay thirsty (good template, beer and Stanley cup)
-We deliver (simple, and if we're out early, just add a 'fail' after)

Now, if we vote on this, the one by MiG will win just because MiG is awesome (yes, he is). So what do we do after that? We all use the same avatar with a briefcase full of cash and a phone number? Our own board will be unbearable to browse, trust me!

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Wow, the 'stay thirsty' one looks good. Exactly the kind of suggestion we need. Good work, sir! :handclap:

So the top contenders so far would be, in no specific order:

-Vote for (original design, would visually stand out)
-Montreal typical (very catchy, needs a better template)
-Referees (hilarious, still don't see how it's a template and not just a specific avy)
-Stay thirsty (good template, beer and Stanley cup)
-We deliver (simple, and if we're out early, just add a 'fail' after)

Now, if we vote on this, the one by MiG will win just because MiG is awesome (yes, he is). So what do we do after that? We all use the same avatar with a briefcase full of cash and a phone number? Our own board will be unbearable to browse, thrust me!

That's my opinion also, perfect way to troll, everyone uses the same avatar. Gets the message across and promotes unity in the group. Besides, it's only for the duration of the playoffs, which honestly might be shorter than we hope.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
That's my opinion also, perfect way to troll, everyone uses the same avatar. Gets the message across and promotes unity in the group. Besides, it's only for the duration of the playoffs, which honestly might be shorter than we hope.

OUR board will be visually unbearable. You know, the board where Habs fan spend most time? Other fanbases will just stay away and laugh at us.

Not such a good idea.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Gang:

It's the same thing every year.

1- suggest fresh ideas

2- post a few ideas/examples of what your avatar suggestion would look (show how it can be customized)

3- be open to comments/suggestions/ideas to make your 'theme' better

4- be positive/constructive in your comments

Last year, things were going nowhere, but in the end, we were able to use ideas from different members and came up with a nice concept that could be customized whichever way you wanted. Wanna be supportive of the team? Sarcastic? Playful? There can be room for that, provided the idea is 'flexible' enough.

Still 3 weeks until the end of the season. Lots of water under the bridge. Someone might come up with a brilliant idea once the Habs have qualified for the playoffs.

Which brings me to...

What if the Leafs (please God please God pretty please) don't make the cut? What if the Habs are the only Canadian team in the playoffs?

I'd love to have a 'O Canadiens - Our only native team' avatar.

Example:

SLIDE 1 - CH logo:

O
images

OUR ONLY
NATIVE
TEAM

SLIDE 2 - #TheRealTeamCanada hashtag

SLIDE 3 - picture of player

SLIDE 4 - catchphrase

Examples of players/catchphrases:

Pic of Price: 'Price stands on guard for thee'

Pic of Gallagher: 'True North strong and free'

Pic of Galchenyuk: 'We see thee rise'

Pic of Bournival: 'Ton bras sait porter l'épée'

Pic of Bouillon: 'Il sait porter la croix'
(maybe a photoshopped pic of Cube crucified... happens regularly 'round here :laugh:)

Pic of Subban: 'Just watch me'
(of course, some of you might be too young - or historically-challenged - to get the Trudeau reference here)

Pic of Therrien: 'Blame Canada'

And so on.

Don't want to be a ****-stirrer by adding yet another theme here, but like I said, the night's still young...

Last edited:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Which brings me to...

What if the Leafs (please God please God pretty please) don't make the cut? What if the Habs are the only Canadian team in the playoffs?

I'd love to have a 'O Canadiens - Our only native team' avatar.

That would be epic. Both supportive of our team and trolling big time. Both relevant to us and a reminder of what happened overall this year. And that would really troll the **** out of everyone. Especially if we win a round or two.

You could even incorporate the Refs:

'With our growing pockets we see thee rise'

If the Leafs don't make it, this has to be our theme. :handclap:

Minor comment: I would go with 2 or 3 slides, though. Would be able to use better quality that way.

Slide 1: CH our only native team (with logo, playoffs 14, Cup etc.)
Slide 2: Player + catch phrase

I hate when there's too much information being thrown too fast. However, on the first slide, we could make 'our only native team' appear after some time or flash, just to rub it in.

Last edited:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
That would be epic. Both supportive of our team and trolling big time. Both relevant to us and a reminder of what happened overall this year. And that would really troll the **** out of everyone. Especially if we win a round or two.

You could even incorporate the Refs:

'With our growing pockets we see thee rise'

If the Leafs don't make it, this has to be our theme. :handclap:

Trolling?

Moi?

Why, I never :sarcasm:

I just think the possibilities are endless with a #TeamCanada theme.

All we need is for the Laffs to fail. One more time. Is that too much to ask? ;)

Minor comment: I would go with 2 or 3 slides, though. Would be able to use better quality that way.

Slide 1: CH our only native team (with logo, playoffs 14, Cup etc.)
Slide 2: Player + catch phrase

I hate when there's too much information being thrown too fast. However, on the first slide, we could make 'our only native team' appear after some time or flash, just to rub it in.

You're right, the less 'crammed' it is, the better.

If more people like the idea, I'll come up with a few visuals.

(feel free to submit them ideas, people)

LOSE, TORONTO, LOSE!

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
We can even go with historial avatars/comparisons ton histoire est une épopée (ex: Price/Roy, Desjardins/Markov, Keane/Prust, etc). Protegera nos foyers et nos droits, Murray/Tinordi/Prust/Parros fighting :naughty:

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
We can even go with historial avatars/comparisons ton histoire est une épopée (ex: Price/Roy, Desjardins/Markov, Keane/Prust, etc). Protegera nos foyers et nos droits, Murray/Tinordi/Prust/Parros fighting :naughty:

Bruins board did that 2 years ago.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I actually like the Team Canada. It's mega ironic with everything going on in Quebec. Its great with how the RoC sees Montreal... and MTL might be the only team from Canada in the playoffs.

Ive got a new winner.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I would absolutely love an 'Oh Canada' or 'Canada's team' avatar.

Especially since if I am correct the Habs fans on this board are for the most part not sovereigntists...

It's also fitting since we were the only Canadian team to have any players play a major role in Sochi.

Someone with more time than me should get to work on a template for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad