Playoff Avatar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
You might be discussing about a theme, but if no actual template is being made, then it's pointless.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
No one made a template for 'Montreal typical' and the option that is winning is a troll and not customizable...

afaic we should just got with 'Vote _______' regardless of the poll results, Jee, make me my request! ;)

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
No one made a template for 'Montreal typical' and the option that is winning is a troll and not customizable...

afaic we should just got with 'Vote _______' regardless of the poll results, Jee, make me my request! ;)

Unless...

FR3g5n4.gif

Otherwise, you got it right. It's a bit of a troll

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Unless...

FR3g5n4.gif

Otherwise, you got it right. It's a bit of a troll

I like it, I know it's been done to death.. but we need to add glasses in the deal with it image.

suggestion to this theme...

Slide 1: Image of a Habs player in a way that looks like he's drawing a penalty.
Slide 2: Referee fund slide
Slide 3: Deal with it image of same player in slide 1.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I like it, I know it's been done to death.. but we need to add glasses in the deal with it image.

Slide 1: Image of a Habs player in a way that looks like he's drawing a penalty.

Nice

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

That last one by MiG is getting somewhere now. :laugh:

However, in your suggestion: slide 1 is very limiting. You can still use that for one specific avatar, would be funny. But it wouldn't be my template for sure.

I would go with just two slides: referee fund and then a player or customized slide. But then it sort of lack something. Doesn't feel like its the playoffs.

I know I'm criticizing, but it's constructive criticism! ;) These avatars all look good, actually.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
That last one by MiG is getting somewhere now. :laugh:

However, in your suggestion: slide 1 is very limiting. You can still use that for one specific avatar, would be funny. But it wouldn't be my template for sure.

I would go with just two slides: referee fund and then a player or customized slide. But then it sort of lack something. Doesn't feel like its the playoffs.

I know I'm criticizing, but it's constructive criticism! ;) These avatars all look good, actually.

When it comes to creating anything criticism is required as long as it's constructive and your comments are perfectly fine.

I personally LOVE the ref fund idea. As far as slide 1 is concerned it doesn't need to be that limiting IMO. It could a pic of the ref signaling a no goal or a penalty, it could pretty much be anything that's related TBH.

When it comes to the 2 vs 3 slides, they both have their advantages. This site's image max weight for regular users is pretty low which significantly limits the amount of colors in the gifs, this is where having two slides helps since there is roughly 1/3 less information to save within the file if none of the information is repeated. Now when you have three slides, most of the time it allows for more creative potential.

Anyway, i really like where this is going, I've always had a weakness for humorous avatar themes.

Last edited:

Saintpatrick*

I suck at making gifs I'm sure someone else can do this better than I but it would be a 3 pic gif with captions on each picture mine would be
oie_oie_animation_zps438c7aa9.gif

Wins the Norris after his 3rd season
Boo'd throughout the League
Montreal Typical

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I don't know, we've been talking about this a while, agreed on some, started a poll and now people are bringing up new ideas/making poor gifs and asking for them to be improved upon. And the one that is winning has no real format/doesn't feel 'playoffs'.

We just can't make a simple decision is all.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
I don't know, we've been talking about this a while, agreed on some, started a poll and now people are bringing up new ideas/making poor gifs and asking for them to be improved upon. And the one that is winning has no real format/doesn't feel 'playoffs'.

...as I was saying

I know what you mean. But you have been around for a few years, so you must know how hard it is to come up with one theme that will make everybody happy and fill all the right criteria.

You were right in the OP saying that the theme is supposed to represent us on the other boards. The reason I offered an alternative to the "Vote for" theme (which is really good, don't get me wrong) is that I'm not sure people outside Canada will get it (at least with the Coderre example).

Anyway, I'm not here to "sell" the ref fund theme, and I was never really involved in playoffs avatars in the past. It's a lot of work to make all of these, and we're all doing this kind of things just for the fun of it.

Again, I understand the whole process can be frustrating. We still have time to discuss and update all our ideas ;)

Saintpatrick*

The typical Montreal idea was liked by alot of people no one else was stepping up so I made a **** gif. I'm sorry that I don't know how to make gifs but that's no reason to be snotty. The Vote for idea is fine but no one outside of Canada will get it. Just because you made the thread a tad too early while idea's were still being thrown out there's no reason to get angry about it.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
The typical Montreal idea was liked by alot of people no one else was stepping up so I made a **** gif. I'm sorry that I don't know how to make gifs but that's no reason to be snotty. The Vote for idea is fine but no one outside of Canada will get it. Just because you made the thread a tad too early while idea's were still being thrown out there's no reason to get angry about it.

I like the Montreal typical thing too, quite a lot actually. It could easily be combined with both the diving idea and the buying the refs one.

Something like that but less ****** :

xgmujo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad