Playoff Avatar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Only problem with Jee's design is that we don't see the Habs enough. It just doesn't feel like it's a Habs avatar.

I'd be fine with what whiskeyseven wrote. All very good points. He actually makes sense when sober. If that's what people vote for, I'm in.

Even in that exact design, the font (classy/scribled) could be an option. Wouldn't matter much if the rest is all the same.

Or, if we stick with the classy font, would it work if we add an 'eh?'. After all, 'eh?' is THE canadian interjection. And it would give a clue that we are not 100% serious about it.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
A deadline ? ROFL then pay me bro !
I'm sorry if it came across that way Jee. You and the other shoopers are doing a service for free but also for your own enjoyment too. It's a project nonetheless, and people have their own inputs and their own ideas. We're trying to wade through a lot of them and converge on one theme, one idea, one design, etc.

We're nearly there and you are a talented shooper, it'd be nice if we all worked together to get it done as soon as we could - if only to maximize the time we have with the avatars. If you don't want to though, so be it, no biggie.

I don't see anything wrong with this one. It stands out, and leaves a lot of room (2 entire frames) for customization.
20fb8sg.gif

Though Braniac's recommendation for an "eh" is great and would add a touch of levity.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't see anything wrong with this one. It stands out, and leaves a lot of room (2 entire frames) for customization.
20fb8sg.gif

Though Braniac's recommendation for an "eh" is great and would add a touch of levity.

I'd go with that as well.

And yes, that last slide badly needs an 'eh'! There's even some room just there, under the cup!

And yes, we should make a move this week. This is too good to be short-lived.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
we should get a poll up soon or just decide in this thread and start churning out customs.

it would be a shame to put all this time and work (by others) into an avatar and not use it for very long at all.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Good job Jee.

I like the overall simplicity and the "flow" between the slides. I like the blue font as well.

EDIT : your map looks pretty good!

The one custom slide followed by "For canada" is interesing too, but IMHO it isn't as bold/funny as "Canada's Team".

As for the other design :

I'm playing hockey tonight, but I'll implement "eh" suggestion to the design preferred W7 sometimes tomorrow.

Bloumeister really wanted the sing-along version, so I'll work on a distinct version of it also.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
We should do one with the Map and Canada's team. Then have for the 2 middle frames Souray winding up for a shot and the other frame have Kovalev going top cheese on the PP from the half boards.:laugh:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
love Jee's latest, it's between that and one of the less trolltastic Yep efforts IMO (ie the one Whiskey posted a few posts above)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Maybe I could try your map and your font in the other design?

That's the kind of positive convergence we need :handclap: Though I like Jee's font, I think your bold red one works better in your design.

Excited to see where this is going, hopefully we lock it down soon.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
My one complaint about Jee's (and this might just be because the computers at work aren't the best) is that I find there's too much time between frames. I know I'm just being picky and I'll be ignored anyway, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
My one complaint about Jee's (and this might just be because the computers at work aren't the best) is that I find there's too much time between frames. I know I'm just being picky and I'll be ignored anyway, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Easily adjustable.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Easily adjustable.
I like your Habs/Canada frame, if you just change it to "For Canada's Team" it would fit the agreed-upon theme.

edit: Drive for 25 is a classic and arrogant as hell, always a fan of it.

edit2: we could post a new thread with Yep's design and Jee's and take it to a vote. Both would have variations of "Canada's Team" and the rest is up to general consensus.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Agreed..

I like the slides on Jee's design.. just we should implement a "Canada's Team" somewhere on their..

I like the one picture/one slogan and then to the point on the next slide.

Alaix

I believe.
Mar 30, 2010
Whatever the theme is, count me in for Shopping them!

I'll be there for you again Yep!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Maybe I could try your map and your font in the other design?
Jee's map + your design would be my favourite imo but it depends on the rest of the board (also, would the extra blue on the map fit in with your red/white theme?)

Why not put Souray instead of Subban?
Because Souray doesn't play for us and we're not at the stage of handling custom requests.

Are you from the past?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
So at the moment it's between

20fb8sg.gif
or
KfT8ia2.gif

Yep's might also include an "Eh" in the last frame.

Qualities of Yep's:
Bolder
Simple red/white colour scheme
4 Frames
2 custom frames
Canadian Government Logo in the last frame
Mentions "Playoffs 2014"

Qualities of Jee's:
Traditional HFBoards avatar design
Habs Canada has blue in it
3 Frames
1 custom frame that has to lead into the "for canada's theme" suffix
Textured background
Particular font
"Drive for 25"

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Jee's map + your design would be my favourite imo but it depends on the rest of the board (also, would the extra blue on the map fit in with your red/white theme?)

Because Souray doesn't play for us and we're not at the stage of handling custom requests.

Are you from the past?

But Souray was our best Defenseman especially him on the PP, he was unstoppable with that Beast of a shot. 06-07 was the best for him and man it was amazing.

I just said that cuz I wanted to see what others would think, but everyone has to agree he was such a BEAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad