Pre-Game Talk: Playing against a team that used to play in a city without a real airport … now they don’t have a real NHL arena

Who would you start in the next two games?

• Total voters

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
If Campbell sucks next year as well, what does a 3 year buy out look like?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Type of game the team sleep walks through and loses. I hope I'm wrong. We follow the out of town score board each night and the oilers are where they are not because of other teams doing well but becaue of us just going to sleep.

I'm hoping we are playing possum and are ready to turn it up a notch every night come playoff time.

Last edited:
Reactions: JarvisFunk and AM

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Type of game the team sleep walks through and loses. I hope I'm wrong. We follow the out of town score board each night and the oilers are where they are not because of other teams doing well but becaue of use just going to sleep.

I'm hoping we are playing possum and are ready to turn it up a notch every night come playoff time.
The Knights/Kings have been the best teams since the TDL. The Kings in particular are on a 12 game point streak.

It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I would go

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Foegele
Janmark - Bjugstad - Yamamoto
Kostin - Shore - Ryan

I think it makes sense to give Draisaitl the better line mates personally.

McDavid will do his thing regardless. If it makes the second line better that also helps him out a bit.

I do wish we had a another player who could play in the top 6 better though.

Reactions: Duke74

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
What a truly pathetic facility

Geno deleted the tweet, I'll see if it comes back up, truly pathetic, even I was shocked

Here it is

So embarrassing lol. I wonder if Gary is working the concession giving out hot chocolate in 6oz Styrofoam cups and poutine with the tiny ass fork that looks like a trident and can't pick anything up. Hope everyone going makes sure to get a spot below the heater.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think it makes sense to give Draisaitl the better line mates personally.

McDavid will do his thing regardless. If it makes the second line better that also helps him out a bit.

I do wish we had a another player who could play in the top 6 better though.
If Hyman and Kane were both playing to their potential, that would be a crazy good top 6, especially with Foegele playing so well.

What a truly pathetic facility

Geno deleted the tweet, I'll see if it comes back up, truly pathetic, even I was shocked

Here it is

They should give us a quick photo shot of Matthews future stall.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not a bad seat in the house, every one is right on top of the action.:D
Apparently this is part of the reason Arizona is good at the Mullet Arena. It's causing the opposition some issues as the optics are much different than they are use to

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Going to assume with all the snowirds and vacationers that it'll sound like a home game in the ol' Mullet tonight, no?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Apparently this is part of the reason Arizona is good at the Mullet Arena. It's causing the opposition some issues as the optics are much different than they are use to
Back to the future for most guys I'm sure, as they play in front of a junior crowd attendance level. Will be interesting to see what the TV viewing experience is like tonight.

Reactions: Oilhawks

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Is Sangudo the standard for bad changing rooms?

Never been to the arena there.

Also, why is this game so late again...
Gary is trying to reduce the Oilers fanbase in general and reduce home game energy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad