Pre-Game Talk: Playing against a team that used to play in a city without a real airport … now they don’t have a real NHL arena

Who would you start in the next two games?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’d start Skinner. Arizona has not been an easy out for any team lately.

Save Campbell for the “schedule” loss against Vegas. We’re likely gonna lose that one regardless of who starts.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I'd be surprised if Campbell doesn't start tomorrow. He has like two starts in the last month and hasn't had a quality start in even longer. I can't see Woodcroft putting him in net against the tougher of the two teams on the back to back.

In theory we'll have an easier time outscoring our bad goaltending against Arizona. Even if they are on a bit of a tear.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I think you see if Campbell can look good against ‘Zona and maybe give him a shot against Vegas if so. Could be a high risk bet though.

There is certainly an argument to give Skinner this start after a tough game yesterday where he didn’t get much help either

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd be surprised if Campbell doesn't start tomorrow. He has like two starts in the last month and hasn't had a quality start in even longer. I can't see Woodcroft putting him in net against the tougher of the two teams on the back to back.

In theory we'll have an easier time outscoring our bad goaltending against Arizona. Even if they are on a bit of a tear.
My worry is that that could cost you both games.

I’d rather start Skinner in the game that you have a higher percentage chance of winning.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
My worry is that that could cost you both games.

I’d rather start Skinner in the game that you have a higher percentage chance of winning.

It's a fair idea but I see Woodcroft going into this back-to-back with the idea of winning both games.

But who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong.
lol How did the Winnipeg/No Airport joke start?

The Oilers flew into Fargo and then took a bus to Winnipeg to play the Jets five years ago. Why? Because Winnipeg doesn't have an airport.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The Oilers flew into Fargo and then took a bus to Winnipeg to play the Jets five years ago. Why? Because Winnipeg doesn't have an airport.
How did I get home from Winnipeg last week....?

iY5sxZ.gif

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Look at Arizona last 10 or so games, they have been playing solid hockey and pretty much in every game. Either winning or losing by 1 amd most times in extra time

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The only reason to ever play Campbell is a B2B. Campbell vs Coyotes, Skinner vs Vegas. Campbell again on the 5th.

Reactions: Duke74

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Speaking of airports, I hear they have an additional one in Mesa now, which makes it a bit easier to get to wherever you're going if you're in that neck of the woods. Phoenix is getting so damned big now, there are a lot of places now that are a long ways away from the main airport.

Look at Arizona last 10 or so games, they have been playing solid hockey and pretty much in every game. Either winning or losing by 1 amd most times in extra time
They are going to be a handful, there's no reason to believe otherwise.

Reactions: Duke74

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I wanted Woodcroft to give Campbell a couple of game so he could be ready in case we need him for the playoff
Now I feel that he need to give the freebee game back to Skinner to reestablish his confidence.

Oilers gotta Oilers, so we gonna get into playoff with two goalie mentally shaken. Great!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I wanted Woodcroft to give Campbell a couple of game so he could be ready in case we need him for the playoff
Now I feel that he need to give the freebee game back to Skinner to reestablish his confidence.

Oilers gotta Oilers, so we gonna get into playoff with two goalie mentally shaken. Great!

Skinner will be fine. He so far hasn't shown a propensity to collapse mentally. He's actually been really good at bouncing back after a meh start.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
McDavid needs to rebound after a very quiet game where he clearly didn't have the energy he normally does. Still managed a point but want more McDavid points and goals! lol

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
If there was ever a game to give Campbell, it's this one. It's a low pressure situation because it's an away game front of a small crowd. The team in front of him is good enough to take care of business against a team like Arizona.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad