Confirmed with Link: Playfair, Peters sign multi-year contract extensions

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When the staff gets less out of the team then should be realistically expected from the talent level on the team. Name a young D that has under performed? Runblad/Gormley. How have they done else where under great coaching versus Playfair? I am not a huge fan of Playfair, just not sure he should be shot. You guys all love Brown. When Yandle left, it turns out Brown wasn't the genius you guys thought he was as a PP coach. Talent level versus expectations. Brown and Playfair are both probably fine coaches.

Also, last year on our team, this is how I would rate our D:

1D-OEL
2D
3D
4d-Stone/Murphy
5D
6D-Z
7D/AHL-Grossman/Dahlback/Tinordi/Kconn

Playfair isn't Houdini, we know that!

Correct, and this year so far we only added Gogo to slot into 2D. Players can make coaches look very good or very bad. It all comes down to what kind of talent you have. As we all know coaches have a shelf life, the good ones longer than the bad ones, but eventually, they get fired.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I just don't get the rush. It's not like Tippett signed at a home town discount and I doubt these guys did. I guess they think all the problems were because of Maloney. We'll see. I would have liked to see results before new contracts were given out. The only thing that's been good is scouting and drafting (at least it "looks" good in recent years) but obviously Maloney got no credit for that.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I just don't get the rush. It's not like Tippett signed at a home town discount and I doubt these guys did.

That's a good point. Even they considered Tip a rare asset that needed to be extended certainly these guys don't qualify for that status. But it was probably a package deal of sorts in the vein of Tip keeps his guys.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Even if we are not in contention, I would love for us to pick up a high quality D at the trade deadline as well as whatever forward help we still need (depending upon how many rookies pan out). This is the last year we can, and should sacrifice points for growth.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Even if we are not in contention, I would love for us to pick up a high quality D at the trade deadline as well as whatever forward help we still need (depending upon how many rookies pan out). This is the last year we can, and should sacrifice points for growth.

I tend to agree with you. Rebuilding is painful and long, so patience is key.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad