Players with similar skillsets but opposite hockey IQs

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
51EcKWLO49L.jpg

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Could a lazy hockey player play a 5 minute shift? :sarcasm:

He was a tank physically, very strong and well-conditioned. I never heard a single complaint about his fitness during his career. His problem was that albeit not dumb, he wasn't quite elite in his vision/hockey IQ.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Jake Virtanen and Nathan Mackinnon.

Jake can't stick handle or pass like Nate. But they both have that size and speed combo and are unstoppable when they get up a head of steam.

Jake just does...nothing with it.

While Nathan Mackinnon also has a brilliant hockey mind.

Reactions: bh53

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Gretzky and everyone else in NHL history..

Let's face it, Gretzky wasnt known as a fast skater that blew everyone away. He wasnt known to have the best shot. He wasnt deking players left and right.

What made Gretzky who he was as a player is his hockey IQ and vision.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8 out of 8
great bait mate, i rate eight ouf of eight

In the early 90s when the Internet was still young, Gopher competed with Web for popularity, and AOL's tsunami wasn't yet felling trees everywhere, it became popular in the chatrooms -- and we all know our IRC, don't we children? -- to use funny typing styles. One was the simple omission of capitals to denote hurry. Then came the alternation of caps, and the substitution of numerals, but done elegantly. "eLiTe TyPinG" to denote online supremacy and debate ownage gave way to more cryptic (and phonetic) "31337" and soon "1337" parlance.

I for one miss those times. Now some millennials think aLt CaPsLoCk is sarcasm when they have no idea of the splendid, mind-invigorating differences between proper sarcasm, parody, irony, and sardony. Phsaw!

ph34r m3 4t 411 t1m3s [-19xx]

[EdT: I completely forgot irate pirates. Tortuga!]

Last edited:

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Could a lazy hockey player play a 5 minute shift? :sarcasm:
That's the only kind of player who can play a 5 minute shift. Everyone else is gassed after 2 minutes. He was gliding around for so long that he still had enough in the tank to score 5 minutes in.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Well, he did take some dumb penalties that cost his team. I remember him selling a slash against the Bruins and Murray sniping one in OT. Though, I guess that can be considered lazy too.

Who did he sell the fake slash to? No one I've ever known got sucked in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad