Players who had everything.. BUT hockey sense.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Erik Christensen can stick handle with the best of them and has an insane wrist shot, but man, he can be invisible on the ice.

Padan

Aug 16, 2006
Marc-Andre Bergeron. One of the fastest players in the league and has a booming shot from the point, but has the hockey sense of a safety pin.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
David Tanabe had the tools to be a first class offensive defenseman but made more brain farts than Chevy Chase at a royal banquet. He should count his blessings that he played over five seasons of NHL hockey, mostly for a very patient but ultimately disappointed Hurricanes franchise.

Ogopogo*

If you don't have hockey sense you don't have anything. The rest of the tools are completely useless unless you know how to use them correctly.

Give me a fully stocked tool shed and it is useless - I don't have a clue how to use the tools.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Bates Battaglia, Garnett Exelby, Ian White, Alexei Ponikarovski, Andrew Raycroft, Jose Theodore, Josef Vasicek, Matthew Lombardi... to name a few

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Bates Battaglia, Garnett Exelby, Ian White, Alexei Ponikarovski, Andrew Raycroft, Jose Theodore, Josef Vasicek, Matthew Lombardi... to name a few

Bates Battaglia doesn't even have good skating or passing abilities, Ian White is small and weak, Poni has no mean streak.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Interesting topic, I like the vote for Fata. However, how about the player who had the least limited ability but the best hockey sense, and was able to have a successful career because of it?

How about Brad Boyes? He's not untalented by any means, but he's not particularly big, fast or in possession of any outstanding skill but people rave about his hockey smarts and general intelligence...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad