Players upset @ NHLPA about timing of cap offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Trottier said:
If you think that Goodenow and Bettman are, or should be, negotiating based on fan sentiment, you are totally clueless, and have ZERO concept of business negotiations. And again, an infantile overblown opinion of your own (i.e., fans') role/importance in determining the eventual terms of this agreement.

Take another silly poll and humor yourself. Bettman and Goodenow are eagerly awaiting the outcome. :joker:

The height of delusion.
Others have dealt with that just as well as I could have.
Trottier said:
"Caved" Nah-nah! The rantings of a child.

Did you get an advance copy of the signed agreement? :speechles
The whole lock out was about the cap/no cap and if you cant see that then you are the delusional one for thinking everyone is wrong but you.
:lol

Wetcoaster

go kim johnsson said:
And it will cost Goodenow his job.
Maybe - maybe not. It depends on what he may have told the executive committee. If he said we can fight but ultimately we may have to accept some form of cap - so let's make the best deal we can. Then he did his job.

From Bettman's end he seems to have sacrificed the small market/low revenue teams who were solidly with him when linkage was on the table with the latest offer so he could have problems as well.

Who knows? Let's wait 5 years and see who is leading the respective sides. IF a deal gets done.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Trottier said:
No kidding chief! (boldfaced portion). But, as you state, both sides have to do the deal, on their timeframe, on terms advantageous to their constituency.

These points are not mutually exclusive, but the poster you are rushing to defend implies continually that a deal should be based on what "the fans want." Big difference.

Get it?
Thats some leap of logic from me saying the NHL or NHLPA cant lose most of its fans like MLB did to thinking they should structure the CBA around the fans wishes.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wetcoaster said:
Maybe - maybe not. It depends on what he may have told the executive committee. If he said we can fight but ultimately we may have to accept some form of cap - so let's make the best deal we can. Then he did his job.

From Bettman's end he seems to have sacrificed the small market/low revenue teams who were solidly with him when linkage was on the table with the latest offer so he could have problems as well.

Who knows? Let's wait 5 years and see who is leading the respective sides. IF a deal gets done.

How did he do that? He has consistently said that there would be enough revenue sharing so that every team could meet the floor. No one guarenteed every team equal profits nor should the teams generating the least revenues expect equal profits as the teams generating the most revenues. As long as they can make the floor, even with a ten million dollar allowed gap in what the highest teams spend and lowest, there will be a playing field where every team has a chance. I would not ask for more.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Steve L said:
The whole lock out was about the cap/no cap and if you cant see that then you are the delusional one for thinking everyone is wrong but you.

And has an agreement been reached? Or are you jumping to concluuuuuusions, getting aheeeead of yourself?

Or has an agreement really been reached in total, and you are the only one who knows, hence you are talking about it in past tense?

By the way, not suggesting "everyone" is wrong. Just you.

Last edited:

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
The players are morons with the exception of the few who spoke out that they would accept a cap. Those who stood by Goodenow are complete morons & those who said nothing are just slightly less moronic.

It's one thing to fight the cap back in '94 when no sport had one, but to argue a cap now when Basketball & Football have them, and the Yankees have made a mockery of the luxury tax, is just complete ignorance.

Not that I give a whole lot of credit to Bettman. It's easy to take his stance, when it's so obvious that the league needed a cap. Just like Goodenow shouldn't be given much credit back in '94 for reaching a deal without a cap.

The one constant is that 99% of the players have no clue. First Eagleson & now Goodenow. When will they learn that they should have a say in the decisions which are made 'for' them?

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Buddhaful said:
The players are morons with the exception of the few who spoke out that they would accept a cap. Those who stood by Goodenow are complete morons & those who said nothing are just slightly less moronic.

It's one thing to fight the cap back in '94 when no sport had one, but to argue a cap now when Basketball & Football have them, and the Yankees have made a mockery of the luxury tax, is just complete ignorance.

Not that I give a whole lot of credit to Bettman. It's easy to take his stance, when it's so obvious that the league needed a cap. Just like Goodenow shouldn't be given much credit back in '94 for reaching a deal without a cap.

The one constant is that 99% of the players have no clue. First Eagleson & now Goodenow. When will they learn that they should have a say in the decisions which are made 'for' them?

I completely and absolutely agree!

Like Ive said in other threads, the players need to do themselves a favour and start spending some of their money on a university education. These guys literally have no clue, and will continue to make brilliantly idiotic moves until someone in there with an education speaks up and lets them know that theyre headed for a massive loss.

Crows*

The players lost more money "fighting" in this lockout now then they would have if they had just accepted the 1.3 million.

Bahhhh bahh bahh sheep.

SENSible1*

Trottier said:
No kidding chief! (boldfaced portion). But, as you state, both sides have to do the deal, on their timeframe, on terms advantageous to their constituency.

These points are not mutually exclusive, but the poster you are rushing to defend implies continually that a deal should be based on what "the fans want." Big difference.

Get it?

I most certainly do "get it", and I also "get" the fact that in your zeal to demonstrate your superiority you overstated your case by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad