Players that are earning their contracts on your team

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I hear people complaining that this player or that player is getting overpaid. My question is..what players on your team are actually EARNING their contracts?

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Not counting rookies, for the Devils it's Palmieri. Some people call him a dumb player and what not, but he has been very productive for his $4,650,000 cap hit. 20+ goals and 50+ points his first two seasons with the Devils and last season in 62 games had 24g and 20a. Signed through 20-21.

Of course Hall and Vatanen have definitely been worth their money too.

Reactions: Seanaconda

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Kadri/Rielly are easily toronto's best contracts. in terms of other teams, Wayen Simmons is awesome, Ryan Suter deserves what he is paid for what he does for Minny.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Excluding players on ELC like Fiala.

Forsberg, Arvidsson, Jarnkrok, Sissons, Watson.
Our entire defense corps.
Rinne.

Johansen is overpaid but doesn't really hinder the team money wise so it's whatever. Turris hasn't proved himself on this team yet. Smith was good last year but isn't consistent enough to justify his money (if he does it again this year, good contract). Bonino is very overpaid.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Suter
Staal (and then some)
Granlund
Coyle
Zucker (about to get a new one)
Spurgeon
Dumba (about to get a new one)
Dubnyk

Nino, I have confidence that he will but was injured in the 1st year of the extension.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Really outside of guys on ELC, the Wings don't have many. Maybe Glendenning, Green last year, and MAYBE Daley

Players who are not:
Zetterberg (to be expected with age)
Abdelkader (Everyone knew this was bad moment it was signed)
Nielsen (Not as atrocious as people think, but still not good)
Dekeyser (LOL)
Kronwall (nope)
Ericsson (not the worst, but still overpaid by a million)
Helm (million overpaid)
Nyquist (meh, slightly below market value at best)

The sad thing is a lot of Wings fans seem to think these contracts are ok. It's as if they can't fathom the reason the Wings are bad yet still one of the highest pay rolls is because our players are overpaid and overtermed like crazy.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Just veterans I assume since I won’t count debrusk heinen carlo mcavoy etc.

It’s
Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
Schaller
Chara
Riley Nash (he did anyway)
Kevan Miller
Torey Krug (some might think he’s overpaid but he’s been as good as anyone thought he could be. If he’s overpaid it’s due to his skill set being overpaid. Not him underperforming)

Think that’s it

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Slavin-Pesce top pair for $9.4 million combined over the next 6+ years is a bargain. Add Dougie Hamilton at $5.75 million x 3 years and two ELCs (Haydn Fleury, Jake Bean, Adam Fox, Roland McKeown) and the Canes defense is very cost effective.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Phil Kessel is only a 6.2M cap hit for the Penguins right now and scored 92 points.

The best point-dollar ratio that I can think of in the league right now (excluding any ELC's)

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
The Flyers have their #1 center and #2 defenseman locked up through their primes for $8.8m combined.

Ghost for 5 more years at $4.5m
Couturier at 4 more years at $4.3m

Reactions: FlyTimmo

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
None of them (even the worst paid 20 year old makes almost ten times in one year than the average 50 year old), and all of them (they're in one of the most highly competitive and difficult jobs to get into, with thousands of vultures waiting to take their place, in a profession that virtually guarantees at least one severe injury before they retire - not even counting disfiguring facial scarring and dental destruction).

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Slavin-Pesce top pair for $9.4 million combined over the next 6+ years is a bargain. Add Dougie Hamilton at $5.75 million x 3 years and two ELCs (Haydn Fleury, Jake Bean, Adam Fox, Roland McKeown) and the Canes defense is very cost effective.
Our forwards on the other hand, very different story... Besides ELCs, I'm pretty sure TT is the only one. I'm counting Ferland until he plays for us.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
One contract that everyone was laughing at when it was signed was Giordano’s. To this stage he has been the lynch pin of the Flames and has earned every penny and then some.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Aside from ELC players and bottom pairing/4th line players who are not making much: Pacioretty, Gallagher, Byron, Petry. Weber has so far but he needs to keep it up which is definitely not a guarantee. Hopeful that Domi and Drouin prove it next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad