Friedman: Players teams are watching to see if they get qualified: Kase, Bear, Gurianov, Kapanen, Strome, Wood, Zacha

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1654213193768.png

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Gurianov is interesting to me. He ironically kind of seems like Nichuskin where he is just starting to grow into this game. But Dallas has enough young high end prospects that they may value the cap space more

Zacha is another player who seems to involved in almost every trade proposal made by a NJD fan

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kapanen seems the most shocking of the bunch. This not qualifying guys seems to be more popular among GMs these days than the past.

Kase is a great pickup for a team if he's willing to sign cheap. Ideally he stays with the Leafs

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Don’t see the Devils letting Wood walk. He missed the entire season except for 1 game. They’ll give him a 1 year deal to see if his injury is completely healed.

I think they’ll try to package Zacha for something but if there are no takers I doubt they qualify him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
the classic "all the tools, no toolbox" player

great shot, never uses it. Good size, never uses it. Plays lazy way too much.

Okay thank you.

Given Bostons prospect and current needs wouldn’t mind giving him a chance

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I find Wood not being qualified unlikely

The rest, maybe. Gurianov is risky to let go, because he could end up being a player.

Reactions: bukwas

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wood has a 3.5m QO and is recovering from a hip injury. Certainly possible they walk away, tbh

Most teams I’d think but seems NJ is fine capwise especially with that Subban contract ended. I just doubt they find a replacement type player for much less.

If they drop him, whoever gets him will be hyped

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Don't the Devils have like...plenty of cap space though? Is there someone other than Bratt that they have to get signed? I don't see them letting either of those guys just "walk" for nothing. Worst case, they're stuck with them for a year at an arbitration award number that makes them hard to move.

Gurianov i could kind of see. He has the numbers to potentially get a much bigger award than he's worth. But still seems unlikely.

Kapanen really only vaguely makes sense if Pittsburgh are trying to make room to bring the whole gang back, and fear that Kapanen's contract could jeopardize that. But really, if they're that worried...i'm sure they could still find a taker for him...at least recoup some sort of asset, even if it's not much.

Kase actually seems like a possibility. I can actually see the worry there.

Reactions: Smitty426

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Don’t see the Devils letting Wood walk. He missed the entire season except for 1 game. They’ll give him a 1 year deal to see if his injury is completely healed.

I think they’ll try to package Zacha for something but if there are no takers I doubt they qualify him.
Yes and yes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2