Rosters and Ratings: Player ratings for NHL14

Flyers8

Apr 23, 2013
Anyway, someone asked about the Flyers, so here's a sample. Giroux 90 Voracek 88 Hartnell 86 Lecavalier 86 Pronger 85 Timonen 85 Coburn 85 Meszaros 85 Simmonds 85 LSchenn 83 BSchenn 83, Grossman Streit Couturier and Read 82, Talbot 81, Gervais 79

Thank you

Firefoxx

Jul 5, 2007
Ottawa
How on earth EA thinks the 2nd overall pick in the most recent draft is worthy of 2.5 star potential i cannot understand. Every other draft pick around him is 4.5 stars, boggles my mind.

Whytethunder

Oct 27, 2008
Is it me or are the potentials changing as you move through your BeAGM mode? Playing as Dallas both Faksa and Oleksiak's potential went from yellow to red, then back to yellow. The color might refer to if the player is on track to hit their ceiling.

Burrows19

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
What are the goalie ratings? I scanned thru the vid and didn't see them.

I don't feel like writing them all out right now lol, but he quickly scans through every team, then goes to the goalies, waits 2-3 seconds then goes to the next team. Easier if you just skip to around your team and watch lol

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
makes sense to make Niemi an 84 OVR...haven't seen the rest of his stats though, but compared to some of the others, doesn't make sense at all.

jonyro84

Aug 25, 2012
rancho cucamonga, ca
makes sense to make Niemi an 84 OVR...haven't seen the rest of his stats though, but compared to some of the others, doesn't make sense at all.

Seems a bit off... Hiller is an 86 and Fasth is an 85. I'm a ducks fan and even I think that's way off... But hey, I'll take it since they were snubbed last year

ChronicallyInjured

Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Pretty happy with the Sens' ratings. Only have a couple issues with them.

- Karlsson should be more than 88
- Phillips is way too high at 85
- Methot is a bit low at 83
- Pageau is very low/has barely any potential.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I sincerely hope EA changed the progression system because, from my point of view, it's going to be a nightmare.

Last year:
Incumbents were too highly rated. Prospects, especially computer-generated draft picks, couldn't catch up. The result was the league got worse over time. Solution was to bring down the incumbents.

This year:
Incumbents rated even higher, prospects rated even higher. While this may delay the talent drop, it seems to me that if computer-generated draft picks aren't significantly better, it's going to be a massive drop off once the real-life prospects start retiring.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Pretty happy with the Sens' ratings. Only have a couple issues with them.

- Karlsson should be more than 88
- Phillips is way too high at 85
- Methot is a bit low at 83
- Pageau is very low/has barely any potential.

First thing I'm gonna do when I get the game is make Pageau 75 with 3.5 green stars.

Burrows19

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Well now that everything's released, not much to discuss haha. Who do you guys think has the best roster, and who's over/underrated?

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
A friend of mine got the game... he's telling me the overalls in the video aren't right.

I suppose that gave us a good idea.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
A friend of mine got the game... he's telling me the overalls in the video aren't right.

I suppose that gave us a good idea.

So you're saying the overalls in the early release are different from the ones in the disc copy? That makes no sense. Why would they be different...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad